Nuclear Union - Announced

Wont play or have the scary atmosphere of Stalker since it's third person and you play as a team. First person is way better if they're trying to make it scary, for a number of reasons.

I agree that the backstory does seem a little strange.. I prefer when they make much greater jumps in time, it's easier to accept large changes such as mutations or implants etc. it's the same in the Deus Ex games (2020-something - not very realistic.)

Is the old protagonist just the person who gives you the missions maybe?

Looking forward to it :)

Well if its the STALKER devs, it could very well be good. The screenshots are "attractive". I do wish they'd branch out and try something more original than post-apocalyptic.

The Stalker games were developed by GCS Game World. Afaik, they have no involvement with this.

It looks interesting, but as others have pointed out, 1C Company is hit or miss. A lot of their games are budget quality with a fair amount of bugs and questionable translations.

Russian RPGs generally have deeper gameplay mechanics, but they turn out to be disasters because of terrible Russian to English translations. In the end lots of potential lost. Ex: Hard to be a God, A Farewell to Dragons. Because of this I don’t have high hopes for that, too. European RPG developers saw this problem and now they’re writing story and dialogues in English rather than their own language (Ex Risen games, Witcher 2)

This, for me. The setting seems a little jarring to me, from what little information was provided. In addition to the septuagenarian protagonist, there was the mention of mutants. Doesn't really seem to be enough elapsed time to have that happen, without some type of FEV-like trigger.

Maybe he was frozen asleep like Captain America.

Yeah, JDR is probably right. The studio provided on the link from MasterKromm is rumored to be union studio something (and not even that is confirmed)… :-/

Oh well. Still very interested to see were this is going… Quite sloppy job on explaining the backdrop/setting on the site though… (i.e the 70 year old protagonist mentioned above)… Lets wait and see…

I hope this doesn't end up like how Stalker went where they talk like it is an rpg but then when it comes out it isn't.

Wont play or have the scary atmosphere of Stalker since it's third person and you play as a team. First person is way better if they're trying to make it scary, for a number of reasons.

I agree that the backstory does seem a little strange.. I prefer when they make much greater jumps in time, it's easier to accept large changes such as mutations or implants etc. it's the same in the Deus Ex games (2020-something - not very realistic.)

Well I see it as different worlds and different technology. Anything is possible it doesn't have to leap 100's of years because it's not our world.

Simply put it's a game anything is possible. I'm looking forward to it but 1C usually has more crap releases than good ones.

Last edited:
There is a list of their previous games on Wikipedia.

Never heard of any of these titles - are they any good?

I got the 'Faces of War' and 'Men of War' titles as part of a package I purchased on GamersGate a few months ago. I haven't had a chance to try them yet, but I know they're both WWII-themed RTS games.

Actually, it looks like every title they've developed until now was an RTS game.

I hope this doesn't end up like how Stalker went where they talk like it is an rpg but then when it comes out it isn't.

Yeah, that's sorta common. It seems like the RPG crowd is still a desired demographic when they want to get buzz on a new product.

It had a lot of RPG'ing in it, just didnt have leveling up, skills are attached to armor/Artifacts, they never said it was a pure RPG, they always said it was FPS-RPG. I'd say Stalker is a lot more RPG than any recent Bioware "RPG". It's similar to Deus Ex for example, and imo just as good or even better (the first Stalker at least).

Yeah the info up there on the setting and backstory is... well "odd" is probably the best way of putting it. I'm sure some of that might be nuances lost in translation though - hopefully not done by whatever firm ultimately does their localization.

Back
Top Bottom