Ubisoft

Carnifex

SasqWatch
I'm not a fan of hackers in the slightest, but hearing that Ubisoft has had their security penetrated doesn't surprise me in the least. Soooooo, if you use it, time to change your PW and stuff!!!

-Carn

http://www.computing.co.uk/ctg/news/2279095/ubisoft-user-details-stolen-by-hackers

1. I don't care if someone stole my uPlay password
2. I don't care if someone will now play some always online game I have on uPlay
3. I just cba to change my uPlay password
4. My Amazon, PayPal and Gmail passwords are different from the one on uPlay so not only I don't care but couldn't care less

In the end, if someone will now play a game he didn't pay for because Ubisoft failed to protect user data is only Ubisoft's problem. If they really want us to change passwords because of the breach, then a proper way to do it would be sending e-mail to uPlay users that their passchanging action is crucial.

So this e-mail saying that customers should generate a new password is legit ? No scam ?
I got it this afternoon. I don't even remember when I had registered there (if ever).

I guess that registring is - because of these things - no more a good thing at all ?

Now I see I also got e-mail.
Well, okay. Changed the password.

So that's what the TV news were talking about yesterday.

Yeah, I got an email too. I went ahead and created a new password even though I don't remember ever registering with them to begin with.

I got the email also but didn't use it to change my password I went straight to their site. It send you another email though to change your password.

I just never respond to emails asking me for information. It seems an odd way to do it.

I won't click an email link. Too easy to get hijacked. Guess if you go to site and they send one in mins to reset that works. I hate hackers.

Yes, that's a healthy opinion, imho.
And that'y why I was asking in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom