Arcania - New Trailers

Maybe it's an early April Fools joke.

There is a lot of hoping this is going to be a colossal failure. Why do we hate this game so much again? Is it really just because we're still that angry at JoWood for what they did to Piranha Bytes & Gothic 3?

I'm including myself, btw, I've got a feeling "Arcania: Gothic whatever" is going to suck.

I am pessimistic given the info we've seen so far, but I wouldnt hope for Arcania to fail. The genre is still so sparsely populated that any quality additions are welcome.

Well look at it this way... the only Gothic game so far that wasn't developed by Piranha Bytes was Forsaken Gods, and we all know how that turned out….

There is a lot of hoping this is going to be a colossal failure.

I'm not at all hoping this game will be a failure. Nothing would make me happier than to have two great series emerge from the Jowood/PB breakup.

Why do we hate this game so much again? Is it really just because we're still that angry at JoWood for what they did to Piranha Bytes & Gothic 3?

Speaking for myself, my hunch has always been that JoWood is the primary reason for the horrific release of G3. And with the the horrid release of Foresaken Gods, my hunch was confirmed.

I've always been confused with publishers choosing to get involved with RPG developers but expecting a Madden Football XXII development cycle time. Reminds me of EA really.

Because PB's 'Risen' was, for me, a really great game and a VERY bug free experience, albeit a little short, puts the ball firmly in JoWoods' court in terms of just WHO was more at fault with the release state of G3 and FG. Hence my cautious optimism regarding Arcania.

Speaking for myself, my hunch has always been that JoWood is the primary reason for the horrific release of G3. And with the the horrid release of Foresaken Gods, my hunch was confirmed.

They are clearly responsible. Hiring Bangalore to develop a European flavored RPG is just plain (sorry Sarah) retarded. I work with outsourced software companies. They do try. They work hard. Sadly, the quality is often (but not always) sh*t because you just can't always effectively manage the relationship. Communication... Lost in translation.

Visually it looks great.

I'm hoping it will be worthwhile.

There's nothing that would please me more than getting another worthy Gothic game - but I can't really ignore the factors speaking against that possibility.

Have to brace myself for the disappointment - ya know.

I wonder whether they'll be at the RPC in April.

Back
Top Bottom