Elder Scrolls Online - New Gameplay Footage

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
ESOHut released a new video for Elder Scrolls Online which they claim is some new gameplay footage from the March 2014 Beta.

ESOHut has been given the privilege of exploring the world of Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition. This footage is of game play as an Imperial and as a Breton, exploring a mix of areas and Cyrodiil the PVP area.
More information.

Maybe they just wanted to make sure they didn't give anything away but it sure seems like they picked some boring footage to show.

It definitely didn't boost my interest in the game.

Interest = Infinity. Could not find the infinity symbol on my computer. Where is that damn sideways 8. :)

Strange how people post about games they have no interest in. If you bought the game and hated it I would understand but ESO has not even been released yet.

Interest = Infinity. Could not find the infinity symbol on my computer. Where is that damn sideways 8. :)

Strange how people post about games they have no interest in. If you bought the game and hated it I would understand but ESO has not even been released yet.

You must be a internet virgin but don't feel bad someone will do something about it soon :p

Looks like a rehashed Lotro w/ less of a skill selection…

Because we're trying to find a reason to like it and keep coming up empty. As it stands, it looks like this game could have done phenomenal 6-10 years ago, but all it looks like, as of right now, is a bunch of generic design ideas mashed into one w/ a TES stamp.

You must be a internet virgin but don't feel bad someone will do something about it soon :p

Why don't you do something about it boy? See I can be an asshole like most others on the internet also. Just would rather have a mature conversation because junior high was a long time ago.

On a side note that was a rather boring video.

Why don't you do something about it boy?.

Even though I am not an internet virgin, I don't think I am man/woman enough to do anything about your virginity. As you said I am a "boy" :)

Just on this point, I am not sure if this a bad thing. I am EQ2 player and right now I have 5 hot bars full of skills (a good 40 - 50 spells). Most of them are really a copy of of each other with some minor variations so they are not needed. All of these have cool downs and I find myself looking at the hot bars more than the the mob/world and I don't like it.

Most spells in ESO don't have cool down and this makes a huge difference to the combat. I don't have to look at my hot bar at all, I can play the game with hot bar turned off and I think this add a huge dimension to the combat and I think I prefer this to EQ2 style.

Most spells in ESO don't have cool down...

Heh... you're definitely not winning me over here. So, you're saying there's even less tactics involved than normal and your combat involves hitting the same 1-2 skills over and over again? FUN!

I'm not espousing the greatness of row upon row of skillbars, mind you, but some options are better than practically none. Now, an EQ1 system in which you have access to 200 spells but can only use 8 of them at a time, requiring planning and forethought, would be optimal in my book.

I've been in the beta and I play quite often, but this particular footage doesn't really do it for me. Pretty bad quality all around, and some of the footage seems sped up or is from a really early build. Voice work was way off.

Heh… you're definitely not winning me over here. So, you're saying there's even less tactics involved than normal and your combat involves hitting the same 1-2 skills over and over again? FUN!

I'm not espousing the greatness of row upon row of skillbars, mind you, but some options are better than practically none. Now, an EQ1 system in which you have access to 200 spells but can only use 8 of them at a time, requiring planning and forethought, would be optimal in my book.

Combat involves lot of tactics than I make it out to be :) You have about 40/50 (?) skills but you can only have 6 active at a time (plus 2 weapon attacks, block, interrupt and dodge, so total 11 active "spells") . So your skill selection is very important. What you can cast is limited by your mana and stamina so you can't spam. They do regenerate during combat but very slowly. So I think its very similar to EQ1.

I think ESO has lot of faults but the combat is proving to be interesting and this is coming from someone who think EQ2 Vanilla is the best MMO ever made (even with 5 rows of hotbars!) :p

I have beta key if you are interested in trying it out :)

This is one Elder Scrolls fan that will probably pass on ESO. I just dont see a strong enough reason to pay 15 a month to play this.

Not at all. Tried the beta this weekend and I'm finding it quite fun. It's quite a bit like Skyrim and not at all like other MMORPG's I've played and I've played them all. I think the question will be whether or not there's enough group and raid content to hold peoples attention, because in the lower levels I'd expect to at least see some group content and haven't yet.

I played all weekend right up to the bell(which was 11:00 est for me) I liked it and I will be in when it starts. I am getting an Elder Scrolls feel. Other then one quest that didn't work and that damn reloadui, I had no problems with the build.

I have played 2 beta's now and the game is a good time! PVP is awesome! If are not into MMO's then this game is not for you. Otherwise, the landscape is great to look at and the battles are interesting.

Nice to hear from people that played this weekend. This past weekend did not even have the new updates to the game or bug fixes. Was more to test their servers. Next beta should have the updates.

Another beta? I thought they were just about ready. I am fine with that and wouldn't mind a bit more time with as I am still trying out classes with races.

Back
Top Bottom