Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete Released on GOG

Hmm - I already have NWN2 Platinum on Steam but it sure would be nice to have all the D&D games lined up on my GOG shelf (and MoW which I don't have, and the soundtracks...) Really tempted to re-buy.

Hmm - I already have NWN2 Platinum on Steam but it sure would be nice to have all the D&D games lined up on my GOG shelf (and MoW which I don't have, and the soundtracks…) Really tempted to re-buy.

Are you sure you have it on Steam? I recall searching for the NWN games on Steam recently, but it didn't seem they were available there.

I have the bundle on GamersGate that includes all the NWN games, but it doesn't include any extras afaik. How would you rate the soundtracks for NWN 2 and the expansions?

Are you sure you have it on Steam? I recall searching for the NWN games on Steam recently, but it didn't seem they were available there.

I have the bundle on GamersGate that includes all the NWN games, but it doesn't include any extras afaik. How would you rate the soundtracks for NWN 2 and the expansions?
Yeah it came out on Steam in 2010 but has since been removed from the store and can't be purchased anymore. I'm not sure why - licensing / ownership issues probably. But I still have it in my Steam library.

I've only really dabbled in NWN 2 so far - some of the OC and a bit of SoZ - so I don't know if the soundtracks are consistently good throughout but what I've heard has been pretty decent. I also just like to collect CRPG soundtracks.

I never really played NWN2 for long enough to form an opinion but is it possible to make the camera tolerable?

From my own experience - no.
Then again, the problem I disliked the game was not the camera.

It's possible to make the camera pretty decent, as it's got a bazillion options under settings, but it takes a while to set it up properly.

As I recall, the camera was one of the worst parts of the game - but you can get used to it. It can be set up more or less like the first NWN (which was superior in most ways regarding UI/controls) - and it's something you CAN get past if you enjoy the other aspects enough, I'd say.

The camera out of the box sucked. I think it was mostly fixed with the patch for the first expansion. Now it's pretty dang decent.

It's possible to make the camera pretty decent, as it's got a bazillion options under settings, but it takes a while to set it up properly.

As I recall, the camera was one of the worst parts of the game - but you can get used to it. It can be set up more or less like the first NWN (which was superior in most ways regarding UI/controls) - and it's something you CAN get past if you enjoy the other aspects enough, I'd say.

Exactly - when it was first released the camera selection was like 'lesser of evils' ... and all I wanted was to have it like NWN. On one of the big patches they made it much more workable, so that now when I play it is much better ... but still not as good as the original.

Yeah, the camera is more than adequate, though certainly not perfect.

I liked MoW though I didn't finish it (I moved about halfway through and haven't had much gaming time since). It's a good story, though not mind blowing. Westgate is nicely done. Its a bit constraining in that everything takes place in the city, but then its not supposed to me a massive campaign. My only real complaing that was I started as a Paladin as usual, but then I quickly found that there were no magic users that you could add to your party. So the choice was either play without a magic user or play as a magic user (which makes the early part harder).

Just a reminder for those who don't know already know here are two links for mods and other game modifications. Highly recommended for both games.

1.http://nwvault.ign.com/
2.http://www.neverwinter.nexusmods.com/index.php

Not bad for games over 5+ years. To bad Dragon Age never became as huge for game mods. I'm still playing both games and cant say this of many other games.

Not bad for games over 5+ years. To bad Dragon Age never became as huge for game mods. I'm still playing both games and cant say this of many other games.

I'm glad that NWN2 mods picked up after a slow start based on Obsidian taking time to roll out support ...

I didn't mind the camera so much as managing companions. Seems like no matter what I did, they would charge and follow me, or even charge ahead and attack. I gave up in frustration in the big thieves mansion, probably near the beginning.

If you insist on using companion AI, then yes you will have issues. I turned it off and ran them each in puppet mode, using orders like hold and attack. This solves all your problems.

Back
Top Bottom