Pricewatch!

What are the opinions on Civilization V? I've actually never played any of the Civ games if you can believe that. I know the earlier titles are generally regarded as some of the best PC games of their time, but I haven't heard that kind of hype about Civ V.

Civ 5 is good game.It's less complex compared to previous Civ games,but still I wouldn't call it casual game either.Game certainly lacks complexity of EU or GalCiV games, but it doesn't have steep learning curve like those games either.I would definitively recommend it.

@Nameless one - I'm mildly interested in The Line after reading the synopsis. You say the gameplay is mediocre, but does it at least "feel" like a PC title, or is it an obvious console port?

Well controls are decent,and graphic is up to PC standards and environment is very well designed and at moments game looks stunning.I felt no frame rate drops or any other performance issues on mid range PC(Highest settings).As I said shooting and level design are mediocre,not mind blowing but I can't say they where particularly bad either.

Thanks. I watched some gameplay vids of both games, and I like what I saw with Civ V.

About The Line, do you remember if there was an option to disable the onscreen prompts for reload, vault, etc.? If I have to see those throughout the entire game then I think I'll pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paITOK7sdc8

What are the opinions on Civilization V? I've actually never played any of the Civ games if you can believe that. I know the earlier titles are generally regarded as some of the best PC games of their time, but I haven't heard that kind of hype about Civ V.

Civ IV was my first, and it was breathtakingly good - definitely one of my faves. Civ V was also very good, but not quite at the same level. If you get a good sale I definitely recommend checking it out, and in terms of the 'freebie' for Bioshock Infinite - you get dozens of hours of gameplay compared to ~5 for Spec Ops.

@Nameless one - I'm mildly interested in The Line after reading the synopsis. You say the gameplay is mediocre, but does it at least "feel" like a PC title, or is it an obvious console port?

I dunno ... it has all of the usual multi-platform hallmarks, but to me it is more PC-like than FEAR 2&3 and the last couple of Crysis games ...

Thanks. I watched some gameplay vids of both games, and I like what I saw with Civ V.

About The Line, do you remember if there was an option to disable the onscreen prompts for reload, vault, etc.? If I have to see those throughout the entire game then I think I'll pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paITOK7sdc8

I can't remember sorry.I think passing up this game would be mistake for story alone especilay if you like material game is inspired by(Joseph Conrad's book Hearth of darkness and Coppola's movie Apocalypse now),I even think feeling is more intense than in those because you are one that has to make ambiguous decisions and watch consequences of it.

Also if you take Civ 5 expansion Gods and kings is must have it enhances gameplay quite.

Civ IV was my first, and it was breathtakingly good - definitely one of my faves. Civ V was also very good, but not quite at the same level.

Agreed they are not on same level,but compared to similar games Civ 5 is better than competition(Warlock,Elemental) while Civ IV comes up short compared to other more hard core 4x games like Galactic Civilizations 2 or previous Civs or EU games if we compare it to other strategies.
you get dozens of hours of gameplay compared to ~5 for Spec Ops.

Spec ops is short but very intense with kind of story you rarely see in games,purely more hours of gameplay doesn't make game more or less viable choice it comes down purely to preferences.Personally between those 2 I think Civ 5 is better choice.

I decided to hold off on getting Civ V for now because I don't have the time to invest in such a game with my current play list. I still haven't even played Galactic Civilizations 2 which I purchased last fall. I'd also rather get the gold edition anyways.

I preordered Bioshock Infinite and chose Bioshock 1&2 as my freebies just to have the Steam versions.

I was a Civilization fanatic, from Civ 1 to Civ 4. But then I discovered Paradox grand strategy games (first Rome, then Europa Universalis 3 and now Crusader Kings 2) and that totally spoiled me. When Civ 5 came I immediately bought it, but when I started playing it, it felt like going from Chess to Tic-Tac-Toe… so shallow. Checking my steam library I see I played it for a total of 2 hours since I bought it, in that time I've played about 300 hours of EU3 and 200 hours of CK2.

I'll give another recommendation for Spec-Ops. It clocked in at ~5 hours for me, but it was completely worth experiencing.

On Steam:

Mark of the Ninja 5$/€

Civ 5 Gold Ed. (including Gods & Kings and a gazillion DLCs) 12.49$ / 9.99€

Civ 5 Gold Ed. (including Gods & Kings and a gazillion DLCs) 12.49$ / 9.99€

It's not shown on Steam's front page, but Civ III and IV are also 75% off. I purchased Civ IV: Complete Edition for $7.49

I've never really played any of the Civ games, but I've decided to give Civ IV a shot since it seems to be universally agreed that IV is superior to V.

Big Anno & Settlers sale at GMG.

3.84€ - 20% sounds like a great deal for Anno 1404 Gold.

I was a Civilization fanatic, from Civ 1 to Civ 4. But then I discovered Paradox grand strategy games (first Rome, then Europa Universalis 3 and now Crusader Kings 2) and that totally spoiled me. When Civ 5 came I immediately bought it, but when I started playing it, it felt like going from Chess to Tic-Tac-Toe… so shallow. Checking my steam library I see I played it for a total of 2 hours since I bought it, in that time I've played about 300 hours of EU3 and 200 hours of CK2.

Played Civ III and CIV IV for hundreds of hours, and some of paradox games even more.
Bought Civ V when it was released and have a total of 5 hours of gaming...

My friends say its a good game, but I cant get into it, leaves me cold.

C

To anyone wanting a city-builder you can actually, you know, play, GoG's got some of the old school historical ones on sale. If you haven't played Pharaoh or Zeus then it's definitely worth checking them out.

Dark Messiah of M&M for 2.49€ (-20% ?) on GMG. This one is a Steram key. Some of the other Ubi games on sale require different DRM.

Could somebody gift me the MP 1 & 2 bundle on Steam? The first game is not available in Germany, although it has been removed from The Index. You'll get your money back via PayPal.

On a slightly unrelated note, anyone else notice that SimCity2000 has jumped to the top of the GoG bestseller list? Guess people are trying to find a version they can play. :p

Gorath, MP is Max Payne? The 5€ bundle? If yes, add me to friends on Steam (note, my nick there is JoxerTM22) or PM me your email and I'll do it.

On a slightly unrelated note, anyone else notice that SimCity2000 has jumped to the top of the GoG bestseller list? Guess people are trying to find a version they can play. :p
I almost said that myself but I'm already sick of being sick with EA so I skipped to mention it. ;)

Steam has a week long sale (ends 18 March) for the Arcania + Gothic bundle. My price is €12,49 so you may get better/worse deal based on your location.

ArcaniA
Arcania: Fall of Setarrif
Gothic 1
Gothic 2: Gold Edition
Gothic 3 (not sure if this includes the later enhancement patches)
Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition

Current bundles:
Indie Gala
Contains:
Pathologic (DRM free)
The Abbbey (DRM free)
Miner Wars Arena (Steam)

and beat the average (currently $5) for:
earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon + all DLC (Steam)
Miner Wars 2081 (Steam)
Paranormal (Desura)
Fireburst (STeam)
Zombie Pirates (Steam)
Vegas: Make it Big (Steam)

Bundle Stars
Tiny Troopers (Steam)
Airport Control Simulator (Desura)
and pay more than $3.94/4.5€/$5.86 for
Darkness Within 1-2 (Desura)
Adam's Venture 1-3 (Steam)
Armada 2526 (Desura)
Firefighter (Desura)
+ 1 mystery game.

Humble Bundle (All steam, android & DRM free)
Beat Hazard Ultra
Dynamite Jack
Solar 2
Night Sky HD
and beat the average (currently $6.65) for
Dungeon Defenders + All DLC
Super Hexagon

Indie Royale (All Desura this time around)
Cognition Episode 1: The Hangman
McDROID
Master of Alchemy - Rise of the Mechanologist
CloudePhobia
Wimp: Who Stole My Pants
6180 the Moon

and finally, not exactly a bundle, but still a pay what you want
Indie Game Stand Pay more than $1 for a Desura key
Doom & Destiny
and pay more than the average (currently $2.03) for
Miner Warfare
Spyleaks