The Walking Dead: Season 2!

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom
Original Sin Donor
Sunday night, it's back! Are you ready?
I'm pretty excited, had forgotten all about this series.
Season 2 Trailer

Be careful w/ that one, it starts getting pretty spoilerific around the 4:10 mark! I had to shut it down, good recap up until that point and a little bit of harmless new footage.

I have been waiting since the moment the first season ended expecting them not to bring it back and then be disappointed. (Luckily I was wrong)

I'm "late to the party" with this one - I just discovered / started watching Season 1 on Netflix the other day. And I absolutely love it so far! It really feels authentic and the acting quality is great. I was truly creeped out by the some the scenes in the first episode (in a good way). The zombies are very convincing, and not the comical versions often seen in recent movies.

I'm looking forward to Season 2 but need to get through Season 1 first. Unfortunately I don't have the AMC channel so will have to wait a while for the DVD or Netflix version in any case. I'm sure I could download it but I'd prefer to support such a high quality series.

I'm ready. Not gonna watch that trailer though.. :)

Walking-Dead-S2-Poster.jpg

oh no, i'm kinda fucked - dont have cable television anymore! ARGH!

I'm going to have to scheme to see this, what unjustice

Thanks for the heads-up, Sammy. Thought season two was slated to start around New Years.

Good find, Sammy :thumbsup:

I thought tonight's episode was "ok". It was a bit slow paced for my taste. Interested in seeing what the rest of you guys think.

Welll…..it started w/ a bang and ended w/ a whimper. And a small bang.

The freeway herd scene was incredibly tense, I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. I was getting the feeling that someone was about to bite the dust! It started going downhill at the zombie autopsy, which I feel was a bit of grossness for the sake of being gross. A strong opener, but unfortunately the momentum was lost in a bunch of melodrama as the show wore on.

Half the episode was whining, and that was a tad too much.. I loved the first 30 minutes. When they do too much of the drama they're going over their heads, it's not like those characters are THAT super interesting or that the actors are so extremely talented that the drama is a complete joy to watch nonetheless.

Overall it was good. Some nice character progression with Daryl too.. Rick was acting way too irresponsible with the kid though, wasnt very belivable imo, he's a father which makes it more unlikely, not to mention he's a cop and should know a thing or two about safety.

My wife and I just watched the first season last week. Really excited for the new season.

I just watched the premiere of the first season. Not bad at all…a little generic in places, but with some good tension maintained throughout and a couple of genuinely emotive scenes.
I really like all of the classic post apocalyptic touches with the silent and tracking shots of empty streets! Interesting to see what direction this goes in.

And because everyone needs a little traditional old school doom in their diet: Saint Vitus mofos!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1436dnd_Sw

Half the episode was whining, and that was a tad too much.. I loved the first 30 minutes. When they do too much of the drama they're going over their heads, it's not like those characters are THAT super interesting or that the actors are so extremely talented that the drama is a complete joy to watch nonetheless.

Overall it was good. Some nice character progression with Daryl too.. Rick was acting way too irresponsible with the kid though, wasnt very belivable imo, he's a father which makes it more unlikely, not to mention he's a cop and should know a thing or two about safety.

I think you made some good observations there - to have Rick be giving in to the glare of his wife into the pressure of "letting the kid participate" in a potentially dangerous search mission was stupid. He's far more pragmatic than that. Park the kid up on top of the RV w/ a pair of binoculars. Rick's wife just annoys me in general, w/ her busting Shane's balls again to "be nice to the kid" when he IS being very restrained considering the circumstances. I found their "search party" to be a total joke as well - everyone walking single file instead of at least marginally fanning out a bit to cover more area. Two people could have done that search, gimme a break!

I like Daryl, he's really come about as a good character and likely the one guy I'd pick as part of a two man team if I had to. He's resourceful, great w/ weapons, and doesnt seem to be bogged down w/ all the emotional bullshit that the others are. That may change later on tho, if you remember a particular development in season one..

Last edited:
The thing I noticed in this episode was that the Zombie Apocalypse theme loses all of it's punch when they spend too much time in a wilderness environment. Being in an urban setting helps reinforce the larger situation the characters are dealing with.

Also, part of the fun of these shows is constantly evaluating how you would deal with the situation.

I agree, urban is definitely the way to go if you want to ramp up the zombie apocalypse theme. They are trying to portray these people as at least moderately intelligent tho, and getting out of the city is about the best thing you could do if placed in this type of situation. Part of me would love to stay city-bound and stay in a high rise or something, going down into the city for supply raids and just having fun wiping out the dead. The same part of me that thinks being in a real war would be fun, but reality would most likely be anything but. The pragmatic side would have me out in a mountaintop cabin or on a tropical island or something instead, only journeying into the ruins of civilization when needed.

Let's get ready for some more zombies, tonight's the next episode!

hopefully this site will have Ep2 ready to go, they hooked me up w/ Ep1 last time:
http://www.couchtuner.com/the-walking-dead/

episode 2 is up:
http://www.zzstream.com/2011/10/walking-dead-season-2-episode-2.html

Last edited:
Rather weak episode, just too little going on or could already have been predicted to 99% by just watching the previous episode.. Well at least there's Boardwalk and Homeland to see today too ;) + just started watching Revenge which was a nice surprise..

Last edited:
yep, disappointed.

Enough w/ the "people cracking up" human drama thing already. We know the apocalypse is rough, it's a bad time. Now blast some zombies and entertain me already.

also, I love how they just go strolling out the front door after the careful entrance. Brilliant plan there, fellas. **facepalm*

Last edited:
Agreed. They're going to have to change the title to "The Whining Dead" if it keeps going in this direction. I've already seen enough crying and soul searching to last an entire season.

Back
Top Bottom