ES4: Oblivion - Deadly Reflex Mod

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I tripped over this at 3D Gamers and though we don't really track much in the way of Oblivion mods, we certainly have regular readers who are fans of the game and this looks like it might be fun - especially if you've played the standard game to death. I have no idea if it is any good but Deadly Reflex adds a number of additional combat moves and decapitation to make combat more interesting. From the notes at 3D Gamers:
NEW Deadly Reflex 3 aims to change Oblivion´s battles into more challenging, gruesome and realistic experience.

No more doing nothing, these fights are up to YOU to take care of!

This means giving you new moves to choose from, and allowing NPC´s to use them too!

You will flip, bash and dodge and jump, and so will they - if they can!

Every NPC has their own skills, compatible with every other mod, so you will never know what to expect.

Time your blocks right, avoid the blows, land your strikes carefully and see their heads fall. :)
More information.

I'm guessing this was inspired from Dark Messiah. Nice idea to spice up the rather bland combat in Oblivion.

1.Rpgwatch must be having a slow day to report somthing like this in the news
2.The mod gets boring after a while but its a good effort
3.In future it will support horsefights if miracle happens

Thats the reply I got from another site. :/

This mod is a great idea. There was never much point to becoming a master at anything relating to fighting in Oblivion. The combat was easy enough that you didn't have to worry about increasing your skills or your character's. This sounds like it will change the balance in a very creative and entertaining way. Awesome!

CRPGs with real-time combat need to be challenging enough so the player and his character need to become skilled in order to survive. That whole experience should be cool and fun. That's one of the things the original Gothic did right.

The "mouse twitch" argument is noob naivety. There's a limit to what can be done with a mouse and a keyboard. Like going up to bat in baseball, it's more fun if you're proficient. Of course you should try your best. You're doing it wrong if you're not.

Last edited:
1.Rpgwatch must be having a slow day to report somthing like this in the news
2.The mod gets boring after a while but its a good effort
3.In future it will support horsefights if miracle happens

Thats the reply I got from another site. :/

No, I try to make sure our news is as diverse as I can (read: have the time to find and post) within the range of our coverage. We have a group of readers who hate OB but we also have some avid fans. I don't follow OB mods in general because I don't play OB (and therefore can't realistically stay on top of the mod scene) but found this accidentally and thought some readers might be interested.

Sorry if you didn't find it a useful newsbit. *shrug*

Not a big fan of mods myself so won't touch this most likely but I do like some diversity so thanks indeed :) .

I'm not a fan of Oblivion but I think the mod is definitely news-worthy. :thumbsup:

Sorry if you didn't find it a useful newsbit. *shrug*

I think he was saying he sent it as a newsbit elsewhere based on your report and got that as a reply ...

I like the diversity too. Coverage of indie RPGs, mods, the "classic" RPGs, modern RPGs, action RPGs, storybased RPGs etc. etc.
Though a lot of the games you cover I have no interest in and probably never will, I still like the idea that RPGWatch tries to be the ultimate source for RPG news. Represented in a mature way too.
And fairly objective only stating the facts and then afterwards the analysis of the news begin in the "News Comments" forum. It's a great mixture.

Yep, it'd be nice if the Bethesda bashers would stay out of Bethesda related posts unless they have something constructive to offer. There are a handful of users who feel it is their solemn duty to bash every single Bethesda post.

I hate Gothic, but I haven't been jumping in every thread about it the last few days and laughing at others' misery. I have other things to do....

I think he was saying he sent it as a newsbit elsewhere based on your report and got that as a reply ...

Yes that was what i said. My intention was not to bash oblvion but seek more info of the mod because the article or the link it provided had little. I posted it on another board and got sore reply. Apparently Its a good effort as a mod but it still needs work.

Not that I was excited to see better combat in oblivion. Morrowind had plenty of superb mods that worked perfectly.

And the "slow day" comment was just somthing I found funny so I copied it too. ;)

Yep, it'd be nice if the Bethesda bashers would stay out of Bethesda related posts unless they have something constructive to offer. There are a handful of users who feel it is their solemn duty to bash every single Bethesda post.

I agree - there is a reason that a 'Oblivion bash' thread was made. :)

Back
Top Bottom