Mass Effect - E3 Videos

No, he did say Extreme... :) I don't think he's high on crack, though. I just think, he wanted to portray a boyish enthusiasm. I felt like he had to force himself all to all excited about this new Bioware game, even if maybe he wasn't that excited in the first place. I mean, he's sitting with Casey and the Pres. of Bioware (who had a funny looking mohawk thing going on :lol: ;) ) so maybe he thought he had to show an exuberance af joy and happiness. Well, don't. Usually, you will get caught when doing this...as people are not that stupid ;) --- so they see through these things real fast.

Another thing that annoys me (thanks to the Codex for pointing this out) is that
the guy totally ignores the Mass Effect books, given to him by Bioware. It is one thing to ignore the books out of personal sentiments, it is quite another to not be professional about a (pr) gift from a company. At least the interviewer could have asked questions about the books or have given Bioware a chance to explain that if you want to read more about the ME universe, before playing the game, then you should read this book.

As for the demo itself, well, I kind of liked it. It showed the gameplay nicely, I think. However, why, oh, why, do every developer always turn up the bloom?? It hurts my (middle-aged) eyes... The conversation seems to emulate? or mimick conversations in real life. I don't see the reason behind this, as I don't see the need to make rpgs like SIM games.

As I watched the gameplay video, I wasn't sure whether I was watching a cinematic game or an interactive game movie. It felt more like a movie to me than anything else. I didn't get the feeling that I was Commander Shepard or was playing Commander Shepard and my actions with the gamepad mattered at all. The script for the movie just kept on track, and the only interaction, I could do with the characters was to decide what topics I would about with my team mates. But even then, especially in the 'what's up with that' dialogue option, Shepard said something completely unrelated to the sentiment, imo.

But the visuals looked nice, though...

Back
Top Bottom