CD Projekt - Secret Message for the Fans

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
Rampant Coyote reports on a secret message from CDprojekt to the fans. It's on a single frame at the end of the trailer for The Witcher 2:
This message is for our biggest fans. Analyzing our stuff pixel by pixel, bit by bit. It's good to see you again! :) BTW: Simple minded people think that nobody is reading those days, dear reader of this, we think that we can agree that it is bullshit, huh? Same as the fact that single player RPGs are dead, or PCs?
We sold 1.5 mln units game from dying genre on dying platform - so we somehow cannot agree;-)
Before we start talking about TW2:) please let us thank you for your great support and appreciation. It always motivate us and make us happy.
We started working on TW2 right after release of TW. Our goal was to create all the things which made TW so great in TW2 even better. We are very proud of TW but let be honest it was our debut. We never made any game before, and we practically learnt as we worked. So there were many things which could be done better, you know it as good as we :)
But the vision, the main concept remain the same: game with mature, captivating and unlinear story, and full of spectacular combat. A game created by a team of independent thinkers immune to corporate priorities, who don't care what's trendy at a given moment.
The core vision of the game hasn't changed. What has changed is the quality and the maturity we can deliver. That's largely because, we're more experienced and also due the fact that, we've created our own technology.
Do you remember how we made significant improvements with the Aurora Engine in the original game, but it still had its limitations? Now we've created technology designed specifically to create non-linear games with extensive plotlines and a living world... well, there's no point in expanding on that too much - you have to check our tech yourselves!
Nevertheless, we have many reasons to believe that you will like The Witcher 2!
See you soon and stay tuned :)
Thanks, Rampant. This made my day.
More information.

This is how to do DRM properly. Its great to see developers appreciating the fact that the fans that go out and buy these games are the people that make it possible for these developers to continue doing their dream job.

Can't wait for the game :)

This kind of attitude helps more to sell games that any of the best DRM on the market out there.

If i have a game i am waiting to play, i go to their forums and investigate, if i get good feedback and i'm feeling "wanted and not ignored" by a company, when the game finaly comes out, i dont even consider piracy, i WANT to give money to the company, not only for my own purpose of having fun playing a game, but also because i want to reward a company for being "my friend" and making me feel i am part of it.

THis is one fine example. When The witcher2 comes out, i'll pre-order it ASAP, buy it, play it, recomend it, work on the forums, participate in the community. This is how it should be done. THe makers of the game and its relationship with the happy fans are the best publicity you can have, not the publisher youtube videos and "public reviews" under the bench.

I haven't played the game for a while, so I may just do a replay to tide me over until the release of TW2.

Agreed with everything you all had to say. This, imo, simple act of talking to us like human beings(geeky humans;)) and not potential criminals tells me a lot about that company. Even it is all just smoke and mirrors to get me to buy their game, I don't care. They do this when other companies make single player games that can only be played online and to just kick you in the gonads a few more times the servers crash and you can't play your single player game that you bought and paid for because they're having difficulty getting their stupid DRM to work properly.

Rant over with. All said and done, I can't wait for this game to be released. It'll probably be buggy because all RPGs are when they are first released and it will have the old school DVD check kind of DRM, but that's ok by me.They have proven in the past that anything they release they will fix and go that extra mile without going bankrupt.

I still love that stab at "Dying genre on a dying platform". Classic….

Very cool, thanks for the info. :)

Wrong source. Krusty84 has posted the same thing in a TW2 news thread 3 days ago.

{scratching head} Ummm, what's all this talk about DRM? I thought The Witcher did have DRM for the first year or so?

Anyway, very good news from a very respected company.

It's just an idle thought that if you treat your customers like human beings and not criminals then maybe then maybe they won't pirate your game.

In any event, I can't wait for this game to be released.

These guys over @ CD Projekt RED have earned my utmost respect.

Love what they did with the Enchanted edition, handing out all that extra work for free..

No matter what happens.. i'm buying it.

I like their attitude.

I LOVE gog.com.

I really thought this message was an awesome way to sneak in some more direct mass communication with fans that didn't go through (too much) PR. Neat idea. Here's hoping them massive success with The Witcher 2!

Wow I have two copies and I though i was hardcore :D

Gothic 2 and gothic 2 gold..What are the other two? Orginal german edition and digital copy from Gog I presume?

I originally imported the UK version, then I purchased the NA version when it was finally released, and then I purchased G2 Gold when that was released as well. I got a 4th copy when I bought Gothic Universe. I also have a German copy of NotR.

I also have 3 copies of G3. Original, Collectors Edition, and Universe copy.

I also own the original version, then got myself the gold and also the Universe edition.

What an amazing game G2 & NoTR was.Gothic 1 was very nice, but G2 was simply amazing, i feel that the same will happen with The Witcher 2, hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom