Dragon Age - Anime Movie Deal

Dhruin

SasqWatch
EA has announced an anime movie deal for Dragon Age:
Anime Leader to Create Home Video Adaptation of Award-Winning Video Game Franchise “Dragon Age”

BioWare, an EA studio and FUNimation Entertainment, the leading distributor of Japanese animation in North America, announced today an agreement to create an anime feature film adapted from BioWare’s critically-acclaimed fantasy Action RPG franchise Dragon Age. Production of the Dragon Age anime movie is slated to begin in May 2010, with a home video release in 2011. Executive producing the film are Bioware’s Executive Producer MarkDarrah and Creative Director Mike Laidlaw, as well as FUNimation’s Fukunaga and Director of Original Entertainment Chris Moujaes.
“Anime is a great medium for us to continue the robust Dragon Age story,” said Mark Darrah, Executive Producer for the Dragon Age franchise. “Partnering with FUNimation ensures that we are delivering the exceptional quality and entertainment value that our Dragon Age fans expect.”
More information.

When the BioDocs said they wanted to make franchises they didn't lie.

Now we get movie (ME) and anime (DA), plus all the books, comics and games.

Is it just me to find it somewhat weird after all the "DA is uber to all jRPGs" speeches they've been giving recently?

I honestly can't tell which makes less sense: the people who repeatedly produce video games as movies, or the people who repeatedly pay money to see them.

It will be interesting, if its anything like Dead Space anime.

I think this is better suited for DA..Unless the ME film has £100 million budget it will be a turd.

What is this? Strange announcement day? First Obsidian doing DS3 and now DA becoming anime..

Not a fan of anime in general, so I probably won't pay attention to this unless people around here tell me it's good.

Another moment with my "mental alarms" jumping into live ...

And they said it's The Witcher that's milking the same cow... :)

Back
Top Bottom