Skyrim - Dawnguard Trailer

Looks interesting, but still your basic two warring factions DLC. I'm waiting on the Dwemer steampunk DLC :)

Looks good… but I was really hoping for the long rumored Morrowind expansion to Skyrim.
For those that don’t know, Skyrim contains the “entire landmass for all of Morrowind,” albeit in a crude and unfinished state.

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/...morrowind-and-cyrodiil-environments-20111122/

That was already explained by Bethesda, it's there because they needed some landmass in the distance. Most of Morrowind is actually destroyed in this era, so the current landmass goes against the lore, but again, it's only there so that it's not completely empty if you happen to be high up enough to see it.

Did that dragon just DIVE!?!?

Hmm, I wonder if we get to choose which faction to ally with. That seems to be the implication, and if so - awesome.

From the book The Infernal City: "The eruption of Red Mountain destroyed most of Morrowind's cities".

From the Imperial Library:

tsunami hit Morrowind in the late early 4th era. It was, presumably, the result of the fall of the Ministry of Truth. p.3

The Ministry of Truth retained its original velocity after being stopped by the power of Vivec's will. p.213

After Vivec “left, or was destroyed” [check out the Trial of Vivec for one explanation] Morrowind's best minds crated the ingenium, a machine that uses souls to keep the Ministry stationary. p.213

After Sul rescued Ilxheven, his lover, from the Ingenium, it exploded, sending Vuhon and Sul into Oblivion. The explosion caused the Ministry of Truth to fall onto Vivec, which in turn caused the eruption of Red Mountain. p.213

The fall of the Ministry brought about the Red Year. p.214

“The ingenium used souls to keep a sort of vent into Oblivion open, specifically into the realm of the daedra prince, Clavicus Vile...
Vile has a thing for souls... and if he noticed the rift at all, he probably enjoyed what was coming through more than he missed the energies going out. It is even possible that Vuhon made a formal bargain with the prince.” p.214

The eruption of Red Mountain destroyed “most” of Morrowind's cities. p.234

What remains of Vivec is “an island of ash and shattered stone, still surrounded by water, but this water appeared to be boiling. The steaming air stank of hard minerals, and the sky was bleak and gray.” p.256

“The island stood in the center of a bay that as close to perfectly circular, with a rim standing somewhat higher that the island except in one place where it opened into a sea or larger lake....
To the left, beyond the rim, the land rose up in rugged mountains.” p.257

The Argonians control Morrowind, and associate some sort of ritual with the crater of Vivec, now called the Scathing Bay. p.259

“It wasn't enough that the ministry fell; the impact caused the volcano that was the heart and namesake of Vvardenfell to explode. Ash, lava, and tidal waves had done their work, and when that was calmed, the Argonians had come, eager to repay what survived of his people for millennia of abuse and enslavement.” p.261

There are (were?) Argonian villages in southern Morrowind.

The spirit of Ilzheven is tied to the crater of Vvardenfell or what remains of the ingenium. p.262

Ah, thank you very much ! :)

The trailer didn't really excite me much. I've just never been much into the whole vampire thing - not that it's bad or that I'm looking down on anyone who does like that stuff. Vampire lore just isn't all that intersting to me inasmuch as anime isn't all that interesting to me as an art style - though again, I don't look down on anyone who does like anime - it just isn't for me.

I'll still get this DLC and play it because I'm having a blast with Skyrim and by the time this DLC comes out for PC I'll probably be ready for some more content (maybe - taking it real slow). If I get to choose, I'll play against the vampires and that should be entertaining enough. I hope that the DLC will include a patch that fixes quests and perhaps some of the GameJam features as well.

The trailer didn't really excite me much. I've just never been much into the whole vampire thing - not that it's bad or that I'm looking down on anyone who does like that stuff. Vampire lore just isn't all that intersting to me inasmuch as anime isn't all that interesting to me as an art style - though again, I don't look down on anyone who does like anime - it just isn't for me.

Stop making excuses in an attempt to hide your anti-vampire racism. Bigots like you make me sick.
:D

Stop making excuses in an attempt to hide your anti-vampire racism. Bigots like you make me sick. :D

Damn - I let my true colors show too much and have exposed myself as a racist. Alright then, might as well go full bore - Down with tolerance! Down with diveristy! :p

A must buy for me, you see... vampires.Blame Anne Rice and VTM!

Back
Top Bottom