Thief - New Launch Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Eidos Montreal has another trailer for the launch of Thief.

You are Garrett, the Master Thief. The City you once knew has changed. Your thieving skills are all you can trust as you walk the fine line between politics and the people, entangled in layers of conflict. With time running out, you'll unravel a dark, personal secret from the past that ultimately threatens to tear your world apart.
More information.

Last edited:
A trailer?

I'm more impressed with the e-mail I've just received:

rixbph.jpg

Pre-load started.
:drool:

Ubisoft Montreal

Huh? Did I miss anything? I hope this is just a confusion with Eidos Montreal.

Anyone hear anything about a GOG release? I can wait.

I'd be especially patient if the ubisoft part is true.

He mistyped. It's Eidos of course, no need to sweat. Forget Ubisoft, this game is being published by Square Enix.

There won't be GOG release that soon. Square Enix still didn't bless DX:HR on GOG so you'll have to be patient for a year, two, three maybe.

Forgot to say in the first post… The game is about 20Gb heavy. Preload says 19.7Gb, additional file(s) will probably reach 20 then.
They probably left all sounds in FLAC format. :evilgrin:

Mhm probably right. Dont know if I can wait that long.

The test subject is primed and unusually enthusiastic (poor soul). Let the experiment begin…

Peeked anything new on Steam about it...

Found something strange:

29o4f2e.jpg

What is this about? Low speed generaly or no possible flat option in Australia?

The review embargo ended and I expect covering a few if not all reviews tonight here.
More or less, by the majority of sites, the game seems to be an average. Can't play it myself to see if it's correct as it unlocks for me in 4 days.

But RPS has an additional page with ingame tips. IMO this is a must read, even if you don't plan to buy the game:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/02/24/thiefs-loading-tips-offer-sage-advice-for-us-all/

I can't stop laughing!

You can unlock it now using a Japanese VPN connection.

I've played it for a bit - and I'm not terribly impressed. My instincts tell me it's made by people without passion for what they were doing, but it looks ok.

My instincts tell me it's made by people without passion for what they were doing

I think it changed lead designer 2 times, which is never a good sign.

What I am hearing from people who had early access is similar to this quote from one "I thought Thief Deadly Shadows was average ... but it is a f--king masterpiece in comparison."

Bah, I'm currently more interested into bugs than lead(s)…
So far only one player reported crashes, that's promising.

In case coach wants to grab a list of reviews, there is a huge one on the official forum:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=141493
Among "it's average", there are some who love the game very much, and some would rather play Grimoire. :D

Back
Top Bottom