Borderlands 2 - Preorder on Steam

The US Steam page is showing $59.99, or $179.99 for a four-pack.

I know many will disagree with me but in a way I think it is , at least partially, justified.

I mean, the price of pizza almost doubled during the last 10 years (at least where I live), I pay more for services; diesel and petrol - like what, tripled? While the price of games remained pretty much the same. 50 Euro today don't buy you the stuff in supermarket it did 8 years ago. And a 10 euro RRP increase in my opinion is fine.

Secondly, I don't remember when I paid RRP for a new game last time. Skyrim was like 35-40 euro on Amazon on day 1. Even if you want all games on Steam - you pre-order online a retail copy and then activate the game (with more and more games today being activate-able). Max Payne 2 went on 50% sale almost instantly after release. And the list of discount opportunities goes on and on.

Justified?
Um… I guess this is what an average gamer will see and think:

Key Features:
■All-New Characters and All-New Classes - meh
■Dynamic Co-op online, and LAN - hmmm
■World Connected Story - who cares
■87 Bazillion…Everything - bazillion?
■Brand new environments on Pandora - big deal
■Brand new enemies - "bazillion" of mobrespawns to kill? It's christmas!

If you want to buy another respawn-o-rama with almost nonexisting traces of RPG then the price is probably justified. Hell, you'd give 100$ for that game.
Sorry, but I won't give a cent for that game.

Well, first of all everything you've just said about the game is a speculation, we still have to wait and see how it turns out.

Secondly, when I said that 10 euro increase was justified, I meant the industry in general, not just this specific game. I meant that since we pay more ( and in some cases A LOT more) today than years ago for most things - there would be nothing wrong with games prices increasing too. I though that was clear from my post.

Justified?
Um… I guess this is what an average gamer will see and think:

Key Features:
■All-New Characters and All-New Classes - meh
■Dynamic Co-op online, and LAN - hmmm
■World Connected Story - who cares
■87 Bazillion…Everything - bazillion?
■Brand new environments on Pandora - big deal
■Brand new enemies - "bazillion" of mobrespawns to kill? It's christmas!

If you want to buy another respawn-o-rama with almost nonexisting traces of RPG then the price is probably justified. Hell, you'd give 100$ for that game.
Sorry, but I won't give a cent for that game.

Well, either those guys read RPG Watch or they had planned on "fixing" the pricing issues anyway (hmmm...), but the pre-order sale price is now 53.99 USD through July 30th (and 59.99 thereafter).

My advice: buy it this weekend for 53.99 (quite reasonable in my opinion). That's what I and my co-op partner-in-crime plan to do.

You have to use a discount code to knock it down to $40. Enter the code COSYO-UDIDN-TGET1 at checkout for 20% off Borderlands 2 (or any other game).

26.99 on Steam for me (including tax at 20%). Go pound :p

Back
Top Bottom