What annoys you?

Making mistakes, lol ;)

Having to enter my birthday all the time to watch a trailer of an m rated game. Even on sites I'm registered on and already gave my birthday when signing up. Very annoying.

Wow, JdR - that took some balls to post, in a community you care about, even anon.
I have to say that I agree though, naggers really do piss me off quite a bit!
It's like they live simply to annoy.

People anyway generally piss me off. Have gotten better about it though, I think part of it is just a high stress Engineering job that I've been in for such a long time, gives me road rage and rage in general. I changed to fire inspections now, which is far less to no stress, and suddenly mankind has become far more tolerable. I don't really get annoyed by petty shit like captchas anymore either. Don't sweat the petty things.

Except naggers, I hate those annoying bastards.

Last edited:
Along those lines, I really despise the atheists that feel the need to belittle other's beliefs by using insulting terms like 'Invisible Sky Father' or 'Fairy Tales' in a religious discussion. It's really disgusting and I pity them.

Actually, it's "Invisible Bearded Sky Daddy" and they ARE fairy tales.

Annoyances: People. All of them. But especially the religious ones. :biggrin:

Oh, lighten up. I don't really care what you believe.

CROs in general, but especially those who 'restructure' companies solely by laying off people. - Nah, those types don't just annoy me, they awake a murderous rage in me. Each time I read about those I wish I knew a hitman or two.

When people use "your" instead of "you're" - it annoys me that it annoys me. I don't want to be one of those pedantic web jerks.

And people shouting "troll!" whenever someone else disagrees with them. It's mainly trolls that do that, I find.

…I don't really get annoyed by petty shit like captchas anymore either. Don't sweat the petty things.

Captchas?

pibbur who maybe is annoyed by people using words he doesn't understand.

EDIT: And by people not bothering to look things up. (He understands captcha's now).

Captchas?

pibbur who maybe is annoyed by people using words he doesn't understand.

EDIT: And by people not bothering to look things up. (He understands captcha's now).

Hurls could not afford to be annoyed by people using words he did not understand as he would be always annoyed!

When people use "your" instead of "you're" - it annoys me that it annoys me. I don't want to be one of those pedantic web jerks.

And people shouting "troll!" whenever someone else disagrees with them. It's mainly trolls that do that, I find.

Or when people use "should of" instead of should've. Grrrr.

On the serious side. One thing that really started to piss me off is when you engage in a discussion about empirically supported psychological states that induces certain patterns of behavior and the person you speak to begin to tell you that the behavior is wrong.

The first problem is the complete disconnect between behavior and conscious actions. I believe most people at a certain age have developed at least some understanding about their limits, for instance, they do not shop when they are hungry because they know what will happen.

The second is an underdeveloped and almost childish social experience with human diversity, if you are +25 and haven't yet grasped differences in behavior based on things personality you are way behind.

But third and the worst, is when they begin to argue with you about it, like that would change anything. Not only do the behavior not change at all based on someone wanting it to change and say it's wrong; if you also argue with someone about someone else who aren't around to hear, what can that possibly accomplish?

It's almost like they engage in chanting spells in the air, hoping that if they say something sincerely and loud enough then the world will change according to how they want it to be.

On the serious side. One thing that really started to piss me off is when you engage in a discussion about empirically supported psychological states that induces certain patterns of behavior and the person you speak to begin to tell you that the behavior is wrong.

The first problem is the complete disconnect between behavior and conscious actions.

No I think most of the time is that no one else has a clue what you are talking about! :)

Power-hungry people

Grammar Nazi's and blind fanboys. I despise them.:p

Grammar Nazi's and blind fanboys. I despise them.:p

People who don't write properly and who don't see the greatness of Electronic Arts. :)

pibbur who can't stand those who make fun of people's posts. Or maybe he can. At the very least he hates people who can't make up their mind. Or ....

Back
Top Bottom