Fallout 3 - Art Test?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Is it only me or there is really disharmony in proportions in very cartoony way. Also he looks more like tribe than Raider. But let's wait for the first screenshots. The rumors are that we will see them this month.
Still my level of expectations is VERY low.

The thread on NMA derailed a bit into thinking this was Fallout 3 art, rather than an art test, prompting MSFD (Bethesda dev) to send me a pm to clear it up. Repost here:
When an artist applies for a job at Bethesda, they are often given a 2D drawing and asked to create a textured, 3D model, so they can show how well they can take concept art and turn it into 3D art. That's the kind of "art test" Jonah's talking about. It wasn't a proof of concept or anything like that.

Jonah is working at Bethesda, hired also on the basis of that art test, and the art test is based on concept art, so it's indirect concept art.

Heh, after all these years, we're kinda art-starved.

PS: prevailing rumours hold an announcement on GDC, which would make sense, there's been a lot of hint-dropping for it. I won't say, though, I haven't heard anything first-hand.

Now that's interesting. :)
Good too know, is GDC next week ?
So we will finally see if it's gonna be oblivion with guns
Thanks for the info Kharn!

Yep, GDC is starting tomorrow. Wouldn't mind hearing/seeing some particulars.

OFF: nice avatar, Dagon ;)

Yep, GDC is starting tomorrow. Wouldn't mind hearing/seeing some particulars.

Yeah. We'll see. People who claims to be "in the know" have mentioned the game could be announced in March (remember, it hasn't been announced yet), and Ashley Cheng, Todd Howard and Emil Pagliarulo all dropped several hints that solid info is just around the corner.

Thanks r3eshift! :)
Let's all hope for the march date

Back
Top Bottom