Space Rangers 2 HD - October 17th Release

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
1C Company has announced that Space Rangers HD: A World Apart will be released exclusively on Steam on October 17th.

SPACE RANGERS GO WORLDWIDE

Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Worldwide Release Date Announced

MOSCOW, Russia - October 10, 2013 - Leading Eastern and Central European publisher, 1C Company, announced today that the humongous English translation of the game (more than 400,000 words) is finished and Space Rangers HD: A War Apart will be available on Steam worldwide on October 17, 2013.

The game requires Steam client to run. Please contact us at the e-mails below to obtain an activation code for the review version.

Space Rangers HD: A War Apart remasters and enhances the world of the cult Space Rangers 2. The game was developed by the SNK-Games team in close cooperation with fans of the series. New story branch, upgrades, equipment, planetary battles and famous text adventures expand the boundaries of the already lush universe of the game in every direction, roughly doubling the game content.

The game has also received a major technical overhaul to for seamless compatibility with modern OSes. Game art was reworked to support display resolutions of up to 1920×1200 and planetary battles employ modern render technologies.

Space Rangers HD: A War Apart takes place in 3300AD. Our galaxy is invaded by the Dominators, combat robots that come under the influence of an alien technology. Players find themselves in a living, breathing world where they can engage in multiple activities: fight in space and hyperspace, trade, accomplish government missions, liberate planets from the Dominators in 3D RTS battles and complete text adventures leading to unique plot twists and rewards. The game ending is not set and players may find a victory of either side at the end – anybody can live the life of a pirate as well as that of a hero. All player actions affect what kind of place the Galaxy will be at the end.
More information.

Didn't play older SR games, but since everyone say those rocked, this will be an instabuy.

actually jox, its a little different since its such a hybrid game - actually its multiple games rolled into one. there's the text adventure, rpg, space game, 4x?, and rts portions of the game. and they're all pretty distinct from each other.

i didn't like SR2 as much as SR1 but i did like it. I'd suggest find a way to try it before you buy it. is there a demo?
--
so is this a relaunch of the same game with an HD component? like Dungeon Lords or other games doing that?

Day one purchase. I got SR2 on a clearance sale at Gamestop for about 9 bucks but never bothered installing it due to Starforce. The box also came with SR 1 and a very nice tech map. I've been waiting for this one for a while now.

I got SR2 Reboot off GOG. It was all right but I got a bit tired of it after a couple of days. Plenty of other people really like it, though.

I got SR2 Reboot off GOG. It was all right but I got a bit tired of it after a couple of days. Plenty of other people really like it, though.

I dont see any SR game on GOG. Did they stop selling it?

I dont see any SR game on GOG. Did they stop selling it?

1c pulled the game from all shops the very moment when I went out to buy it.
The reason was upcoming HD version.
But it was available on GOG for sure, I saw it myself, just didn't buy it when I could.

actually jox, its a little different since its such a hybrid game - actually its multiple games rolled into one. there's the text adventure, rpg, space game, 4x?, and rts portions of the game. and they're all pretty distinct from each other.
Yes I know and that's why I want it. There is no another such game. Okay, Spore is relatively like that, you play one genre, finish that section, then you play another genre, upon finishing that you play another. The problem with Spore was it's endgame grinding - noone wanted MMO crap in a singleplayer game, so while initially the game was selling well, expansion didn't deliver.

I'll get this. Both of them were a blast - a unique mix of genres you can't find anywhere else with a quirky sense of humour. I will miss some of the outrageously bad translations though.

Back
Top Bottom