• Maybe a bit

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • No Way

Votes: 9 8.0%

• Total voters

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In a previous poll we asked if The Witcher 3 would live up to the hype and you voted in a somewhat positive way.
Now that the game has been released for some time, we want to know if it really loved up to the hype or not.

Hell yes!
In fact it exceeded my expectations.
But then again I wasn't expecting a game in engine used to film Avatar so I might be a minority here. ;)

I should really write about it as a separate post.

I voted Absolutely. The only aspect that fell a bit short for me was graphics, but it's still quite strong in that category. The writing, characters, and soundtrack are among the best ever.

"You'll find him down by the river in a hut… go down the road, make a left at the busted wagon, then follow the stones through the trees. When you reach the river, turn right and it's 1 league away"

"Thanks. Hmm I should go down the road"

*Geralt follows glowing footprints down the road until he reaches a busted cart, also glowing red"

"Hmm. There a busted cart. I should make a left"

*Geralt makes a left and follows the glowing trail according to the old man's instructions*

etc.

I'd say for the most the most part, some things promised were not delivered, but it's still the best realized open world game out there for me, by far.

For the most part. I never finished the game as it was mostly depressing and I prefer to be the hero, not an anti-hero. That isn't a failure of the game though, just my preference. I thought it became a little too Skyrim in some areas; fast travel, quest markers, meaningless npcs, etc. The Baron quest was amazing though and some of the voice acting is the best I've heard in a game. I'm ready to put Geralt out to pasture and let them work on their own worlds.

Nah, just pointing out something true. I do like the game, no matter how Batman-Meets GTA it is.

I just find it ironic that you keep pointing out what most would consider a strong point compared to other open-world games and acting as if it's inferior.

Most games have you find your objective by simply planting a big arrow on your screen for you to follow, but I guess you prefer that.

I haven't remotely finished, but still voted 'Absolutely'. :)

Ovenall, Batman meets GTA?
So you drove cars and used different flying possibilites in TW3?
I guess also you waited 2 years for a PC port.
Oh and the port was of course utterly broken.

Hell I want to play that game too.

P.S. I did wrote a reply previously but deleted it. I believe this is supposed to be a poll with votes, not an impression discussion. Maybe I'm wrong, but we have other threads about impressions.

Everytime I point out the huge gaping flaws in his trolling GTA analogy, he falls silent.

Clearly, the guy has an agenda that he fails to back up ;)

It's kinda amusing that he keeps saying he likes the game, as if his appreciation for it makes his emotionally skewed perspective any more reasonable.

But what can you expect from a guy who can't disable HUD features using a simple menu, eh?

As for my opinion, I'm not ready to give it yet.

The hype is a strange beast, though. Are we talking about the hype the developers created - or the gamers themselves? A combination?

For my part, I think it's got a shot at being the best open world game I've played - but I'll have to play it more to be certain of that.

I voted Absolutely since its coming up to be the best game I have played in the last 5 years. Sure it has it flaws but the strong point more than make up for it.

The questing and NPCs beat DA:I, Skyrim, Fallout 3/NV, ME 1-3 by a longshot for me. The Bloody Baron line was the best so far, though. Still have Skellige and beyond to do though.

The best quest quality level wasn't quite as good in Novigrad (although, the environment was much more impressive), if it continues to fall on this trajectory, by the end I may not be so impressed. Too early to tell on the quest front yet.

Last edited:
I voted for the most part as it has a few problems. As I said on a different site it's not the best RPG game ever made, but it's a huge step forward for open world RPGs.

I am not very far in but I voted for the most part. The problems I have seen with the game are only a personal preference. I like creating my own character and the combat is a little to action based for me. The world and graphics are so good though that I do not mind. The writing and quests also seem top notch so far. Geralt is such a cool character that if I can't make my own I have no problem playing him.

Back
Top Bottom