The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Video Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Last edited:
Yikes!!!!!

That is way to much trailer for me to watch. Saw a few seconds in different parts of the video and it looks great. Though that will be the last of anything I look at for this game until it is installed my computer.

This looks so damn great… can't wait.

And I really really hope they give themselves enough time for testing and squishing bugs. With cities so big, with so much NPCs and quests affecting each other ("if you pursue one quest, the other may perish"), there are so many possibilities for bugs. Developer nightmare. But if it works out in the end it'll be fantastic.

This looks so damn great… can't wait.

And I really really hope they give themselves enough time for testing and squishing bugs. With cities so big, with so much NPCs and quests affecting each other ("if you pursue one quest, the other may perish"), there are so many possibilities for bugs. Developer nightmare. But if it works out in the end it'll be fantastic.

That's precisely the reason why I am going to buy the game early (maybe even a CE) at full price - gotta support the team - try it out, and then leave it for another 6 months for the semi-inevitable upgrade to the Enhanced Edition :biggrin:.

I haven't completed ANY major RPG release of the last years within 1 year of release, partly because of bugs and the whole patching and DLC business.

Well, I completed one game near release, Bound by Flame, but that was hardly a major release :)

Sadly I don't have your patience. :(

That city looks amazing, and I never noticed any slowdown despite that seeming to be the Xbox version. I'm guessing it was the Xbox version because of the button prompts, but it could be that they were simply using an Xbox controller with the PC version.

They were obviously running without Vsync though because the flicker was pretty bad in places.

You can be almost certain they're using a PC for demonstrations like this.

I'd certainly be surprised to hear otherwise.

Just curious, is there a first person perspective? Or is it all third person?

You can be almost certain they're using a PC for demonstrations like this.

I'd certainly be surprised to hear otherwise.

Me too, most probably the PC version. Sadly, because there was still some noticeable pop-in and a lack of VSync—but this is still in development so who knows.

Just curious, is there a first person perspective?
No. I guess they just want to be different from the first Wolfenstein.

Wow, I wonder if I'll have to upgrade my FX4100/ATI7850. Gothic 3 is killing my setup as is on very high settings. Skyrim on the other hand runs fine. Hopefully Witcher 3 is well optimized for a setting that large. I wish they would give out their specs on the demo's they run.

Back
Top Bottom