The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I almost got to make a run with Pilz, but RL got in my way and I never got to log back in to join him. Hopefully can run something today or tonight with someone on someone. lol

The update didn't take too long to get. It's 1800+ files, but most of them are small.

I'm taking my rig in for a new power supply today. I'm supposed to get it back tomorrow, but if I'm cold and dark that will be the reason. Will probably be rather distracted after 10pm or so (they haven't announced the Wings start time yet). ;)

Due to the recent storms, I may be doing overtime tomorrow. This means 5:45 at latest, though hopefully we'll not get any orders in fiberglass that require us to stay that late. As of now, we only have a single order for dead end arms and tangent arms, which are almost done.

I also had promised to set up a canopy for my mom's library, so if I'm more than a couple hours over, I may not make it at all. Even if I do make it to the game, I won't be able to stay up long since I also have to be in Saturday as well (regardless of orders).

I'm at a funeral today, but I did manage to update yesterday and do some inventory management with my chars. I now have 10 free spots in my shared bank which shouldn't take me long to fill!! :)

After a solid hour of shifting things around, Corwin now has 2 open spots in his backpack which will be filled with a +1 bastard sword and a scroll of burning hands 4.7 minutes after we get started tonight... :p

(turns out I'm up a creek with my power supply so I pulled the plug on the replacement, if you'll pardon the pun, and I'll be good to go)

Harbinger of Madness: Review

I took Mirys into a solo run of the new pack today. Overall, this is a fun, slightly creepy pack with a unique boss fight at the end. Monsters are largely Xoriat reavers, hounds, and critters called the Taken, as well as some humans and mindflayers.

Loot - Good to great. Several notable items are the Insanity Greatsword (2d10 base damage, chance to give -2 AC on a hit, chance to drive enemies wild on a vorpal), Tharak(sp?) Bracers, which give Toughness (good for those who do not have toughness from minos), DR3/lawful, and Dodge +2 bonus to AC (Dodge bonuses stack with each other, as long as they don't have the same bonus amount. So a +1 and a +2 will stack, but not two +1s. This is about the only thing in DDO that does this). The Bow of Sinew crits on a 19-20, which stacks with Improved Critical (hint hint Jo), fires 10% faster, and has an x3 multiplier with a chance to bump it up to x4 on some shots.

XP - Unsure, since Mirys was 4 levels above normal, the xp wasn't all that great. But it's probably fairly good for the level range. Optionals' xp was rather poor, but that may be a function of her level as well.

Difficulty - Easy. I soloed the first part in under 15 mins on the second run, including stopping to check the radar every so often.

Mirys is currently 12k from level 20.

Nothing there I could use!! :) We'll have to create some chars who use Greatswords to go along with Bastard Swords and full plate steel shields,etc that I seem to pull all the time!!!! :D

There's more than just those items Corwin. Those are just the standouts (I also pulled two Insanities in my two runs, alas no bracers).

I hit level 20 on Mirys. Now to gear up. And to get Rachail, who was created nearly a year and a half ago, up to cap and geared for TR, and Aerii, who is about a year old, up to cap and geared up.

I've been spending some quality time with crafting. So far, it's taking a ton of grinding to make any progress, although Phuury and Wouldii are getting better at it. Eventually, it could be very good for putting the proper enchantments on the items you want them on, but only for myself since DDO has disabled unbound crafting, meaning having a "designated craftsman" in the guild is worthless right now. I'm still going to work at it--presumably DDO will turn unbound crafting back on at some point in the future and then I'll be everyone's best friend. ;)

There's new value on low level "misc" items (not weapons, not shields, and not armor) since those can't be purchased at any shops. So if you do those low-level favor runs, save yer junk. I'll buy most of it from y'all, and what I won't/can't take you can actually auction for better money than you'd think. Not gonna get rich, but you can get 500-1000pp for worthless crap now, as long as it isn't named specials.

I almost got to make a run with Pilz, but RL got in my way and I never got to log back in to join him. Hopefully can run something today or tonight with someone on someone. lol

Someone has the name of "Pilz" ?

That's interesting/funny, because it means "Mushroom" in the English language ! :)

I scavenged as many of the shards and essences as I could off my collective junk but did find getting the right amt of high level stuff is not easy. If they do open unbound, which I read somewhere is the long range plan, I would gladly give you matts to craft stuff with and/or from. Would make getting the high stuff faster that way. Maybe we can petition it at least be guild only stuff?

It was fun and people are buying up the vendor stuff left and right for it. Or at least they were.

On a different note I will be heading to KY for a visit and not be around this Friday. Should be back by the 13th session unless something comes up down there. Going to try to play a few pm's this week so check your skype lists for my name. ;)

I will probably be MIA this Friday as well. Sorry folks.

There's a small update. Took less than a minute to get, but it's still there. FYI.

Check the messages on the log-in box of the game...DDO is giving away a free item each day this month. There is a link to the site page with your personal coupon # on it. You can use it once. I got a few mana pots yesterday. Just order the item from the ddo store and use your code to get it free. Announcement was so short most may have missed it.

At this rate, it might be just be me Jo and pete!! BTW, who were/are the 2 new guild members?

Those are Pilz alts I believe. He said he wanted to run up a couple more diff characters.

No, they were on at the same time he was.

I've been debating buying a 5th slot, but I haven't done it yet, so wasn't me. :D

Looks like plans are changing, so I should be on tonight after all. If I'm not there by normal start time, assume things changed again (I just do what I'm told...) and rock on without me.

Peter Stauffenberg the paladin has just true reincarnated into a new paladin. He will change from a THF to a TWF because it works better when he's a Knight of the Chalice. Main reason is that you can't create a +5 holy weapon with falchion and must use greatsword. That's sword is not good when it comes to criticals. I will go for a dual khopesh and khopesh is one of the best crit weapons in the game.

My plan is to play him through Korthos so he can be used in the harbor with the rest of you.

My cleric Peter Policus will TR into a Favored Soul once I get a build I'm happy with. Since FvS got a prestige class in update 9 it means I would like the DDO character planner to support that before TR'ing.

I guess Don, Jo and me will TR toons. I will have a favored soul for healing and paladin for dps. Jo has a bard (level 3 already). Don was speaking about getting a wizard for Rachail or Aerie when one of them TR.

I'm not sure what the other guildies want, but I propose that you keep one toon at level 20 so we can play high level stuff. It's also good to have a high level one that can get platinum and items that can be sent to the low level ones.

I intend to keep my Wiz at level 20 when he gets there. I agree we should all have at least one high level char. I'm not totally happy with either my Bard, or my Sorc, though I've respec'd all the Sorc enhancements now he's level 10. Only got 1 spell at level 10 what a bummer. I'd like to change some of the Sorc's feats, but I don't have the shards. I'm happy with my rogue since Jo helped me build her. Still it may be years before any of them are ready to TR!! :)

Back
Top Bottom