Fallout: New Vegas - Midnight Launches, Digital Unlocks

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Bethblog has info on NA stores that will be opening at midnight for F:NV and global digital unlock times:
If you’re looking for a physical copy, Best Buy and GameStop are both opening stores early to accommodate midnight playtime. For a list of all Best Buy midnight openings, check the handy pop-up on this page. If you’re looking to hit up a GameStop when the clock strikes, call your local store to make sure they’re participating.
As for the digital realm, all copies of New Vegas purchased through stores like Steam, GameStop Digital and Direct2Drive will unlock for players in North/Central/South America at 12:01am PST/3:01am EST tomorrow morning. All other territories will see their copies unlock at 12:01 GMT on October 22nd.
More information.

Let me think, do I need to drive to a store and sit outside till after midnight to get a copy to run home and play? Nah, I can wait, but I'm glad it's finally shipping.

Let me think, do I need to drive to a store and sit outside till after midnight to get a copy to run home and play? Nah, I can wait, but I'm glad it's finally shipping.

I hear ya, and up till now I have never stood in line for any game launch, but I have tomorrow off from work and I like the energy & hype surrounding this game. I think I just might go for it this time!

Question, have you heard anything about the PS3 version of the game regarding whether it is the same quality as compared to the XBOX and PC versions? The PS3 Fallout 3 had some issues and I wonder if they have been address this time around… I'm thinking about giving my new PS3 a shot at this game.

I hate everyone who is going to be playing this right away. ;)

I'm going to finish my playthrough of FO3 first, and I still have quite a ways to go.

they're not related
you should just put off fallout 3 even longer
carpe diem

^ What he's doing makes a lot of sense. If he's enjoying his FO3 play-through then he might was well finish it first. If he ends up liking the improvements made in FO:NV then it would probably ruin his FO3 playthrough if he didn't wait.

It's kind of like how I loved Baldur's Gate when I played it the first time- but I've never been able to replay it after I played Baldur's Gate II and Planescape Torment. The flaws in the original Baldur's Gate that were mitigated or removed in subsequent Infinity Engine games are far too noticeable after having played those later games.

If I had played Baldur's Gate II, Planescape Torment, or even Icewind Dale before finishing at least my first playthrough of Baldur's Gate (even if only for a few hours) I would have probably never finished the game and not have enjoyed it as much as I did.

^ What he's doing makes a lot of sense. If he's enjoying his FO3 play-through then he might was well finish it first. If he ends up liking the improvements made in FO:NV then it would probably ruin his FO3 playthrough if he didn't wait.

It's kind of like how I loved Baldur's Gate when I played it the first time- but I've never been able to replay it after I played Baldur's Gate II and Planescape Torment. The flaws in the original Baldur's Gate that were mitigated or removed in subsequent Infinity Engine games are far too noticeable after having played those later games.

If I had played Baldur's Gate II, Planescape Torment, or even Icewind Dale before finishing at least my first playthrough of Baldur's Gate (even if only for a few hours) I would have probably never finished the game and not have enjoyed it as much as I did.

for what its worth, there is a mod out that lets you play BGI with BGIIs engine. I never played those games when they first cam out 10 years ago - I was still in the military and really had no time. When I got out I felt like I was released from prison and got back into gaming. I played BG, Torment, and Icewind Dale for the first time two years ago and still think they are some of the best computer game ever! I also think Icewind Dale I is better than the second game...

I actually liked some of the aspects of IWD2 better than the first-

Despite using a 3rd edition based rule system, it managed to pull off magical items that felt interesting and unique (as the first one did too.) It also offered a massive range of character options compared to any of the other Infinity Engine games.

Also, I thought the dialog was better in IWD2 and some of the meta-humor that poked fun at the previous infinity engine games was hilarious.

I did like the larger story of the first IWD better though- but really all things set in the forgotten realms universe suffer from the fact that it's an overused setting. You could fill a modestly sized community library entirely with forgotten realms RPG books and novels.

I think I'll always enjoy FO3, even after FO:NV. The main reason being that they take place in very different regions (East Coast vs West Coast). The exploration, which is my favorite part of the game, should be quite different.

I actually liked some of the aspects of IWD2 better than the first.

I feel the same way about Baldur's Gate, although I think BG2 is slightly better overall.

I think I'll always enjoy FO3, even after FO:NV. The main reason being that they take place in very different regions (East Coast vs West Coast). The exploration, which is my favorite part of the game, should be quite different.

I feel the same way about Baldur's Gate, although I think BG2 is slightly better overall.

I played BG1 with the "tutu" mod, which is BG1 with the BG2 engine. I feel that that is the only way to go. It allows for a higher resolution and slightly better graphics. I love both games equally though. I recently found out that there is a new mod that will allow you to play BG2 with the Icewind Dale 2 engine, now that should be interesting!

What I really would like to see is a new Baldurs Gate game. However, I don't want it to be a first-person 3D game. I'd rather it have a top-down perspective similiar to Dungeon Siege 3, Diablo 3, and gameplay something like Temple of Elemental Evil - which really caught my attention when I first discovered it last year. Even with its bugs, I still thought Temple was a great game. I think Atari has the D&D license now. Recently we have been seeing a lot of re-makes of older titles, I don't understand why we havent't heard any concrete news about a new Baldurs Gate game…

By the way, I'll be picking up my reserved copy of NV at midnight! The guy at Gamestop told me that New Vegas is at least 10% bigger than FO3 in area, and has a much more content/quests. Yeah, the exploration is what it's all about for me as well. Just a few more hours to go!

I hate everyone who is going to be playing this right away. ;)

I'm going to finish my playthrough of FO3 first, and I still have quite a ways to go.

I've had too much other stuff and will no way finish ArcaniA before tomorrow ... so I am torn as to what to do ... think I'll wait a few days before 'heading out west'.

I'll receive New Vegas on the doormat next week.

If I'll be able to play it is a second thing. I still have Venetica lying around untouched and I'm almost 50 hours into the Nehrim mod for Oblivion. I'll definetely finish Nehrim first I'm just 4 mainquests and 4 sidequests removed from completion. I just didn't think the game (mod) would be this full of content and I could just squeeze it in and play it in a weekend... big judgment error.

Then I'll start on New Vegas and I'll alternate it some with Venetica IF I can let go of Vegas once I have begun.

as i eagerly await my collectors edition via amazon tommorrow I just recalled, something I'd thought of before. I'm not sure if there are any JG Ballard fans but his novel Hello America will probably have quite alot of the same feel to it. He's great at creating wastelands of both society and people, and the novel takes place in Las Vegas amongst other places and indeed has crazy robots as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hello_America

edit: holy crap i just read the wiki and don't remember Jerry Brown being a character in it...errie

I'm preloaded on steam and will ensure it is starting to decrypt either tonight or tomorrow morning and then try to only work 9-10 hours tomorrow to have an extra hour or 2 with it tomorrow evening.

I will definitely buy F:NV, but not right now. I am overwhelmed with good games and I want at least finish Dragon Age Origins + Awakening and Fallout 3. With my "gaming" time max around 50 hrs per month I will barely get to F:NV this year…
PS: Am I the only one who actually likes vanilla Baldur's Gate more than TuTu version?

I recently found out that there is a new mod that will allow you to play BG2 with the Icewind Dale 2 engine, now that should be interesting!

I tried googling that and couldn't find anything. Where did you hear about that?

I've had too much other stuff and will no way finish ArcaniA before tomorrow … so I am torn as to what to do … think I'll wait a few days before 'heading out west'.
+1

Just got to Xardas' tower... So...
I'll let things cooldown in next few days before I even start thinking about FO:NV.

I've had too much other stuff and will no way finish ArcaniA before tomorrow … so I am torn as to what to do … think I'll wait a few days before 'heading out west'.

ArcaniA just went on my "buy it when it's on sale" list. F3:NV will be the game I'll be playing for quite a while. Too bad too, I just started DDO and KOTOR. Surprisingly I like DDO and I haven't played KOTOR since I passed it.

Oh well, bring on the "WAR....WAR NEVER CHANGES."

I'll wait for it to hit the bargain bin. Watched the streaming videos of the leaked version and it looked incredibly boring and had LOTS of slow loading screens (on the 360, mind you)...

Back
Top Bottom