Gothic Character rubberbanding & running in place?

Drithius

Magic & Loss
Hi again !

I've been playing through Gothic II but have been repeatedly annoyed by how my character will be running from one place to another and suddenly slow down and seemingly begin to run in place and sometimes even rubberband back a couple feet.

Is this intrinsic to the game? Is there a fix?

Hmm, I've noticed the slowdowns here and there, for a few seconds, but nothing else (generally when entering an area where a lot is going on, such as Khorinis). Probably has something to do with settings or hardware, but hard to say really. What are your specs anyway?

I've never noticed that 'rubberband back a couple feet'. The slowing down is due to a lack of virtual memory I believe. All the gothics were RAM hoggers, so like Maylander said: What are your specs?

I have a pretty up-to-date system and Fraps is telling me I'm running at 60fps (max for lcd monitor).

Core II duo @3Ghz
3.25gb RAM (32bitXP limitation)
8800gtx video card
etc.

...While we're sort of on the subject, is there any way to speed up alt-tabbing short of running the game in a window?

What do you have your VM set at? And what is your sound card vs game setting?

i normally had stuttering problems when moving into dense foliage but that seemed a feature prevalent in the Gothic series. :)

anyway, this seems to be graphical glitch. try setting your graphics details to 'medium' to see if the problems persist. if it does try upgrading the graphics drivers.

Heya, sorry for the delay. VM? Video Mode? It's at 1600x1200 with everything but cloud shadows maxed. Like I said though, I'm at max fps the majority of the time.

As for sound card settings, it's set for Miles Fast; although I have a XiFi sound card, I haven't had any trouble with this setting.

I was playing earlier and didn't notice the issue - it does seem to come and go.

Well, it hasn't happened again in the last 2 days of playing (go figure). I've even gone back to where it was especially bad (behind tavern outside Khoronis) and have not been able to repeat it.

Weird :(

Back
Top Bottom