Wizardry 8 - Luke, I Am Your Daughter

Huzzah! Glad you enjoyed it. Did you happen to come across the bodies of Yamir and Zant? They're in the main clearing near the statues. I thought that was a nice story arc finish since they did promise to help you out with the Rapax.

So when's the next run? Ironman solo faerie ninja on expert, right?

I never found their bodies, but I've only made it through to the end once despite my multitudinous replays!! :)

I didn't notice them on my first run, either, but I've seen them since. You've got to do the quests to get the Trang and Umpani to ally. There's a small bunch of trees next to a large rock to the "right" of the statues. The bodies showed up there.

I didn't see them - I'll have to go back to my saved game and look around. :)

I've got about 8 RPGs on my plate that I need to play (some newer, several older) - besides, you know, that BIG ONE I'm working on. Which is consuming a good deal of my waking hours, yet still not showing showing several signs of improvement yet.

Those bodies never showed up for me either, and I clearly remember completing the Umpani-Trang alliance quest. It's possible that I simply missed them, but I'm usually very meticulous in exploring every inch of the map.

Congrats on finishing!
These articles were really great fun, thanks!

As for the Umpani - T´Rang arc, I think that it was clearly unfinished business.
You can always visit Yamir or Z´Ant even right before entering Cosmic Circle and they´re both alive and kicking.
I think that the alliance conclusion is highly satisfying on its own and just assume they were simply late for the party, though I certainly wouldn´t mind, for example, a Rapax Prince megafight with Yamir and Z´Ant on my side.

But then they probably would have wanted a slot in the Cosmic Circle, and then there'd be bickering and arguing through eternity.

I dragged Sparkle kicking and screaming into godhood, while I was at it. But based on suggestions from people here and on Tales of the Rampant Coyote, I did make sure that Vi Dominae came with me. Even if she did chicken out near the Rapax and Nessie...

I think the intended implication was that Yamir and Zant gave their all to "thin out" the Rapax Prince's crew before you got there, although it didn't change the number of critters in that pack.

As mentioned several times, I don't do RPCs, but I would be a little curious what RFS would have to say about ascending. I'll have to see if I have an appropriate save game and portal around to pick up various RPCs just to see what their lines are.

Back
Top Bottom