Political and politically incorrect humor

Yes, I've read in the press as well that the more civilized Muslims are finally striking back.

538751_446056425446358_1357108597_n.jpg

After reading the recent newspapers I've come to an explanation why this is so :

Part of this sounds like a conspiracy theory, but according to the newspaper reports this is real :

- Iran supports Syria
- Iran supports Hamas
- Iran supports El Kaida
- The protests are to a huge degree directed by El Kaida, Hamas, or both (and similar groups).

Results (this is what I deduced from this) :

- El Kaida holds still meanwhile Syria is bombing, because, since they are supported by Iran, and Iran supports Syria, this would mean biting the hand (Iran) that feeds them (El Kaida).

- El Kaida meanwhile sees the video as a great opportunity to launch a bloody "marketing campaign" in their favour : Their goal is to make the Muslims believe that El Kaida is actually Anti-USA, meanwhile they also try to make Muslims believe that USA = Anti-Islam.

Similar things could be true for Hamas as well.

Just imagine what would happen if cartoon 2 were about Islam instead of Christianity!!

Good crop from Time this week.
cartoon62.jpg

cartoon52.jpg

cartoon82.jpg

cartoon22.jpg

The last one is perfect ! :lol:

Both the funny and the sad thing at the time are for me than the caricature is probably much, much, much closer to the truth than we might want it to be ...

... It's a bit like ... We say here "das Lachen bleibt im Halse stecken" = "the laughter gets stuck in the throat".

As promised : The satire "Obama Song" by EAV ("Erste Allgemeine Verunsicherung", translates roughly as "First Public Unsettlement"), live version via YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buMSdQi4pkQ

The gist of this satire song is that Mr. Obama has to wipe up and clean the mess left behind by Gerorge W. Bush - and that Mr. Obama might perhaps not succeed with it, because it is just too much. But that people still have hope and faith in him.

The Austrian-language text/lyrics of the song can be found on their official web site : http://www.eav.at/eav/texte/text_391_0_obama.htm

Be warned ! : This is strong satire language !

cartoon8.jpg

cartoon1.jpg

And one for the stat wonks:
cartoon3.jpg

Another round from the dueling cartoonists:
100312.jpg

Ben100312.jpg

Looking at the looming global economical disaster politicians should start from basics when making promises. Vote for me and you wont have to live on streets and beg for food in future and if Im real nice I might throw in some medicine etc. Big promises will just lead to "living on the streets" becoming more of a possibility.

Slow week for Time:

10-11-12-color.jpg

bishchavezcolor.jpg

Even Varvel didn't have anything worth sharing. Oh well, better luck next week.

Wow, one would have thought after the VP debate there would have been tons of fodder. Especially after Ryan's hypocrisy about hating the stimulus after asking for stimulus money. Must be the right wing conservative bias in the news for when the Dems win a debate.

One new caricature in the Newspaper of today : It's about high speed :

- One Baumgartner going down with high speed
- One rocket labelled "energy fees" going up wih high speed

A little late with this week's Time offerings:
cartoon11.jpg

cartoon31.jpg

Lousy week from Time, although this one isn't bad:
cartoon52.jpg

Even Varvel came up dry on ones with more than local interest. Better luck next week, I guess.

An recent local newspaper article was expressing worries that exactly this would happen at one day. That the caricature would one day be surpassed by hard reality.

Time had a few on the storm, but they weren't funny nor terribly poignant. Here's the rest.
cartoon1.jpg

Not necessarily great, but gets included on geek cred:
cartoon4.jpg

Varvel and Steve Benson are continuing their "dueling cartoonists" series. I liked this combo:
110412.jpg

Ben110412.jpg

Back
Top Bottom