Dragon Age - Darkspawn Chronicles Details

Dhruin

SasqWatch
BioWare has kicked up a page for the Darkspawn Chronicles DLC that was revealed yesterday. This $5 standalone adventure will see you playing as a darkspawn; from the official blurb:
You now fight as the Darkspawn! The city of Denerim, jewel of Ferelden, girds itself for war. As a hurlock vanguard, you alone hold the power to make thralls of your fellow darkspawn and drive them into the heat of battle. Heed the archdemon's call--Denerim must burn!
* A look at an alternate history: what if your character had died in the Joining ceremony, and the Grey Wardens marched under Alistair's command instead?
* A standalone adventure in which you command genlocks, hurlocks, shrieks, and even the mighty ogres.
* Complete the module and unlock an epic Darkspawn item in DA:O and Awakening.
More information.

You have got to be kidding me.

If they had allowed you to use the events from your regular campaign and see them take place from a different angle it would be interesting. But, to just re-write the game history and take your character out of the picture seems a little lazy.

Although, for 5 bucks they probably aren't too worried about making a masterpiece.

Huh, my first response to this news was that actually sounds interesting.
I played the main campaign and that was enough for me. I didn't go back for Awakening as it sounded more of the same.

This might be the thing to have me fire up DA again after finishing the main campaign.

Strange the range of responses you get to DLC announcements. Just like the old adage: you can't please all of the people all of the time.

I like the idea to, it sound like David Gaider's The Calling :)

Btw, how do I get that "RPGWatch Donor" sig, I did donate but used my real name.? :)

I'm not too sure about this one either. It might be fun but I would rather see DLC like Wardens Keep.

It sounds interesting..not sure why there are negative reactions. I, for one, was tired of battling Darkspawn AGAIN, after Origins and (little bit of) Awakening. This DLC with role reversal might be fun when you are pitted against Grey Wardens and (possibly) battle Alistair.

Well, I'm guessing a few hundred thousand fans will gladly pay 5$ for this.

Once again, DLC/free money demonstrates how the limited resources of this world should be divided.

Sigh.

Sounds interesting, but not interesting enough for me to start playing DA again just yet. I'll probably buy this the next time I decide to give the game a whirl though.

This DLC with role reversal might be fun when you are pitted against Grey Wardens
It's probably just one Warden (Alistair). All the others are dead… Oh, and Riordan (if I remember the name correctly).

Darkyawn... I hope they do away with them in DA2. My least favorite part of DA:O was the darkspawn. It's hard to find a more one dimensional enemy in gaming. "We are evil!!!, because we are really really evil and... and.. well evil."

In this DLC though, do you get to pick a class? Mage/theif/fighter for your darkspawn?

Sounds like an interesting little change of pace for a sunday afternoon gaming session. Might be fun

Back
Top Bottom