Frayed Knights - Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Jay Barnson talks about a major milestone for Frayed Knights, with the game about to reach a stage where it is playable from beginning to end. He's clear to point out there's still a long road to travel but it's inching closer, it seems:
If Frayed Knights was a house, this would be the point where the foundation is long complete, the house is framed, the exterior walls are up, the wiring and plumbing have been done, and we’re almost finished hanging the drywall. Which means if you squint really hard, you can see a whole game – er, house – there. But there would still be a lot of painting, trimming, carpet-laying, tiling, fixture-hanging, cabinet-installation, and all that other fun stuff ahead.
More information.

Although the project has grown significantly in size and scope since then, I'm still kinda embarrassed by how much time has passed since I released the pilot episode. It's a challenge - I don't want to make the common mistake of ruining a solid game by rushing it out early, but by the same token we could be working on this thing until the end of our natural lives if we don't make some hard decisions and compromises right away.

Here's hoping!

Great news!

I really cant wait for this game, its has been a long time since Wizardry and Might and Magic series, and here is finally something in the same veins.

Hey Jay, maybe I should put you in touch with Cleve Blakemore and you could work on a joint release with Grimoire!! :D (That should stir Cleve up a little :) )

We've got a running joke at Utah Indie Night about whether Mike Rubin's Vespers 3D or Frayed Knights will be the first to release. The loser has to buy the winner something readily available at the time of the victory, like an air-car or the cure for cancer.

We've got a running joke at Utah Indie Night about whether Mike Rubin's Vespers 3D or Frayed Knights will be the first to release. The loser has to buy the winner something readily available at the time of the victory, like an air-car or the cure for cancer.

How about a jet pack? We were promised jet packs damnit!

I don't want to make the common mistake of ruining a solid game by rushing it out early

I think in the indie industry, the most common mistake is to think like that and therefore never release anything :D

While in the commercial industry, there are a lot of games they should have never released at all ( or released a year later ), but they get released anyway.

Heh, GG, you aren't wrong there, either. ;)

There's definitely a "sweet spot." One of the issues I have with my art guys is figuring out when we've got something "good enough." I'm not sure I'm positive about that level, either. But yeah - they may end up taking 2 months on a 2 week project to get something perfect (or close enough).

Simple, you pay them for 2 weeks. If it takes longer, they don't get paid extra!! :) Bonus given for sooner might also work!! I hear starving artists do great work!!!! :D

Well, the problem is how do you determine whatever they are "done" after two weeks? that's really hard to measure for art....

Is done that it looks great to me? or that they think they did what they got paid for ?

Back
Top Bottom