Darklight Dungeon Eternity - Now Available

Dhruin

SasqWatch
First-person dungeon-crawlers seem to seeing a bit of an indie resurgence...the Rampant Coyote notes Darklight Dungeon Eternity has been released, offering an overhaul of the original release:
I’ve played a bit of an early alpha of this game, back when it probably shared a lot more in common with its predecessor than it does now. The new game is a ground-up rewrite of the original engine, and I can attest that even ten months ago it was a lot of fun, and was a bit more interesting than the original game.
And this sucker is BIG. It is FIFTY LEVELS DEEP. Fifty. Levels. This is a serious dungeon crawler! I spend several hours in just the first three or four levels in the early alpha, so said serious crawling will probably not be resolved in a single, Red Bull-fueled weekend. Zoeller says there are over 200 monster types, 120 mage spells, 600+ items, 24 skills, and several unique combat feats.
More information.

This looks like a huge improvement over the original. I'm very interested in seeing more of this game. With Legend of Grimrock being an old school Eye of the Beholder or Ultima Underworld this one looks like an old school Bard's Tale or Wizardry.

Hmm.....website doesn't really give much information about the game or really about anything. The picture on the home page suggests that it's still in aplha but nothing else gives any info. There's a buy button and a download button. If I click the download button it asks to download a file but there's no info about what I'm downloading....a demo? Something else? If I hit buy, am I buying an alpha version or is the game actually done?

Darn, I thought this was the game Charles was making (well, remaking with improved graphics). Wasn't it called something quite similar? Dungeon something? Underworld something? Oh nevermind, I'll go back to waiting for that game to be released.

Damn it. I made the same mistake. Now that's twice in one week I've confused the names for two totally different games.

We were thinking of Sword & Sorcery: Underworld. I could have sworn that this was his game because the character pics look awfully familiar.

I don't understand why people would throw so much work into making it a "3D graphics" game. Frankly, I'd prefer playing something that showed a simple map and text descriptions of what's going on. IMO, this is just plain ugly to look at and couldn't imagine playing it for any length of time.

Back
Top Bottom