Pantheon - Update#46, On Death in Pantheon

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Visionary Realms talks about how death works in the games latest update.

On Death in Pantheon

The world of Pantheon is fraught with danger. With perils around every corner the player must be prepared when exploring the world of Terminus. Exploring is very important to us as is respecting your environment. While it is easy for us to make an area dangerous to get through it is hard to place the player in a situation where they truly fear their surroundings if they do not fear the consequences of death.

Being a fallen hero, players are familiar with breaking the bonds of death and being reborn. Of course being reborn means you come into the world with nothing but the skin on your back and some conveniently placed clothing, that is if you choose to embrace death and release. If not, you can sit above a corpse like a ghostly watcher, for a period of time, while you wait for someone to offer you a resurrection.

Regardless of the route you choose, your corpse is an important thing because not only does it hold all of your gear but a portion of your experience. Experience is a measure of how powerful you have become but, like most things, what has been gained can also be lost. This means that losing too much XP can reduce your level making that corpse even more important.
More information.

This one is going to have to pick up if it wants a chance. Last 7 days is when it can pick up steam. It has not moved much in a week. I would love to play this in 2017.

Yeah, I'm hoping a couple of rich guys kick in at or near the end. Gonna be a tough finish either way, I think. I'm amazed it hasn't hit the goal yet, this has everything a person could want in an mmo.

Yeah, I'm hoping a couple of rich guys kick in at or near the end. Gonna be a tough finish either way, I think. I'm amazed it hasn't hit the goal yet, this has everything a person could want in an mmo.

I know lot of people who would play an MMO like this but many are not happy with the way the KS is being ran by Brad and Co. I am backer right now but I also feel they made huge mistakes with the KS campaign. Its sort of feel amateuristic. Also Brad's tweet about angle investor is a classics example of this... you don't tweet about stuff like this, its says he is desperate and that's bad PR. Brad has 20+ year MMO experience and he should go via his MMO contacts for this sort of thing...

My main worry is that if this KS fails (very likely) people will say no one want to play a MMO like this anymore but the real reason for the failures is the way Brad and Co and running the KS and not the ideas.

Back
Top Bottom