Mass Effect 2 - Free Cerberus Armor and Eviscerator Shotgun DLC

Dhruin

SasqWatch
BioWare has announced two small pieces of free DLC for Mass Effect 2:
New Cerberus Assault Armor and M-22a Eviscerator Shotgun DLC are NOW AVAILABLE fof free through the Cerberus network. It should be available for all fans, both on PC and Xbox 360. Check your download screens now.

Cerberus Assault Armor
Cerberus assault armor is designed for shock troops, turn the tide of battle against creatures or forces that would decimate normal soldiers.
Increases heavy weapon ammo capacity by +10%
Increases shields by +10%
Increases health by +10%

M-22a Eviscerator Shotgun
The M-22a Eviscerator Shotgun is a longer-range shotgun with armor-piercing loads. This design also violates several intergalactic weapons treaties, so the M-22a is not distributed to militaries.

You can learn more about the Cerberus Assault Armor in a Arsenal update with screenshots of the armor in action here: http://masseffect.bioware.com/universe/arsenal/armor/
You'll need to be signed up to the Cerberus Network delivery system.
More information.

The armour looks crap, and its branded Cerberus. great just what i wanted for xmas.

This is what happens when they release a lightweight game and need to now augment the content because of complaints over lack of items and customisation.

IMO, the problem with this DLC drip-feed strategy is as follows:

Once I've had a playthrough, i am really unlikely to want to playthrough again when so little has been added in DLC format. Yes a major expansion which involves adding content throughout the game can make it worth replaying if one is not bored already.
But these little DLcs with a mission or a piece of armour are adding so little to the overall game that i see it as hardly worth wasting my time even downloading.

I know some folks love having a new bit of content to add every couple of weeks but i rather they wait until they've created anohter 5-10 hours of content and rlease it in one more meaty DLC.

I don't know if this was planned for free or done due to the issues with the Cerberus Network at launch, but hey, it is free ... and I'm good with that.

What I hate is that I have to access the content from the game to open the browser, download it, then go back and quit the game in order to run the install ... then start the game again.

Wonder how good that long range shotgun will be. Sounds like a serious option for Vanguards, who are fairly hard to play on Insanity because they constantly have to be so close to enemies (which is a bad thing when you're getting swarmed).

I'll be trying it out this weekend.

Regarding the development of such things: There is a lot of time between the release of a game, and the completion of its development. It's not unlikely that a lot of the content for both DA and ME2 has been developed by seperate teams after the actual game was finished and sent to QA/marketing.

For example, I believe that to be the reason why the DA add-on is ready soon - they've probably been developing it ever since we were told DA would be delayed due to the console release.

I think it's a bit pathetic that they would issue a press release for this. One piece of armor and a gun?

Well ... they toss out a freebie ... how else should they tell folks? Oh, yeah - they COULD have done it through the game, except that the 'new content available' keeps streaming across my menu system from the first moment I installed ... it is sort of an idiot light that I just ignore, so without the notice I would never have grabbed it. :(

I don't know if this was planned for free or done due to the issues with the Cerberus Network at launch, but hey, it is free … and I'm good with that.

What I hate is that I have to access the content from the game to open the browser, download it, then go back and quit the game in order to run the install … then start the game again.

Ya i prefer the DAo system for DLCs, much simpler system which as long as you have the Bioware points on your account you an do it all from inside the game.

ME2 is lightweight? :rolleyes:

A lightweight shooter on here...heheheh....how many hours does it take to beat it when you do all the quests? I never felt it was light weight.

I use that shotgun on my NPC's in my insanity playthrough. Shotgun users usually get into trouble when they run too close.

his design also violates several intergalactic weapons treaties, so the M-22a is not distributed to militaries.

What? violates intergalactic treaties? Could you repeat? What kind of crap is that?

Hey USA, this is Russia. We could rape your asses with our new AK104 but we won't do this because THERE IS AN INTERNATIONAL TREATY and length of barrel is 1 cm too long, so we'd better waste some useless soldiers dying killed by your last-gen M16A4.

PS. I have no idea about performance of AK104 nor M16A4 ;)

What? violates intergalactic treaties? Could you repeat? What kind of crap is that?

Hey USA, this is Russia. We could rape your asses with our new AK104 but we won't do this because THERE IS AN INTERNATIONAL TREATY and length of barrel is 1 cm too long, so we'd better waste some useless soldiers dying killed by your last-gen M16A4.

I didn't understand your post, so I am going to give you a cookie;
cookie.gif

This is an RPG forum right?

And from an RPG perspective it's a lightweight game no matter how you look at it, or no matter how much you liked it.

If all RPG is to you is hardcore stats and crunch yes. I know quite a few ancient roleplayers who would say that if you believe that's roleplaying you don't know roleplaying. Especially during the 90'ies with the storytelling games there was a greater emphasis on being a character, while even bothering combat was seen as a "lesser" form.

If you instead look at story and character building ME2 suddenly end up heavier. It's not Planescape Torment nor Mask of the Betrayer, and it's still a bit black/white even if it's less black & white than KOTOR, Jade Empire and ME1, but compare it with popular games like Oblivion and it suddenly gets deep and sophisticated in comparison.

But I always found combat to be "the brief annoyances between story" so I have quite a different take on games.

Intergalactic treaties are obeyed only by those countries that have signed them i.e Finland. But there are always few of those countries that refuse to sign them i.e Russia. ;)

If all RPG is to you is hardcore stats and crunch yes. I know quite a few ancient roleplayers who would say that if you believe that's roleplaying you don't know roleplaying. Especially during the 90'ies with the storytelling games there was a greater emphasis on being a character, while even bothering combat was seen as a "lesser" form.

If you instead look at story and character building ME2 suddenly end up heavier. It's not Planescape Torment nor Mask of the Betrayer, and it's still a bit black/white even if it's less black & white than KOTOR, Jade Empire and ME1, but compare it with popular games like Oblivion and it suddenly gets deep and sophisticated in comparison.

But I always found combat to be "the brief annoyances between story" so I have quite a different take on games.

Character building in mE2? Have we played the same game?

In ME2 you are Shepard full stop, ther eis no role-playing at all other than

1) the simplistic class system
2) The renegade/paragon dialogue options (which are invariably coloured blue or red so even the most morally/ethically confused can figure out the choice at hand.

Oblivion is a proper RPG and is far deeper/heavier from an RPG perspective. I cannot understand how you think ME2 is a deeper game than Oblivion - i find that almost laughable.

And at least with Oblivion you can get great mods which make it even deeper such as OOO.

Back
Top Bottom