Gothic 3 - More than 500.000 Units Worldwide Sold

I'm glad they hit this mark. This means they likely have enough to pay for the game + earn some extra cash. Which of course mean we may see sequel or another different RPG from them which is good.

I wonder how many units they would sell if they did not fail to release finished game.

Moriendor:
"Dude, all it takes is to check the manual . So... you're saying that KaiRo owns all of these musicians...

- the Bochum Symphony Orchestra
- the FILMharmonic Choir Prague
- the S.A.M Gospel Choir & Joyful Voices
- the GOCOO orchestra
- the Corvus Corax band
- the featured soloists Lisbeth Scott, Marc Iwaszkiewicz (Traumkraft), Borislav Slavov, Christoph Schieri, Benjamin Hessler, Anjuthen Asokarajan
- and the production and mastering companies that were involved?

He doesn't ."

Lol yeah .. now i really look stupid :) no .. I meant that KaiRo was managing the music project .. my bad

"There was tons of marketing over here. Medieval town festivities, magazine ads, TV trailers, the attendance to the GC in Leipzig, press events that were held at German castles etc etc etc"

Well that further supports my idea of much higher marketing numbers .. hehe

"They did. See above." - PR

Sry Moriendor .. first .. nothing so far for English speakers
Check the www.gothic3.com updates ... pure misery
Discussion forums - nothing
A few lousy interviews maybe

"http://www.pluto13.de/index.php?navtarget=5&lang=de"

yes ... quite right over there i was lacking knowledge of the new company name

"Even if and when you "want your stocks high", it's usually a good idea to not say something that will in worst case get you some jail time. Outright lying about your profits or financial situation in public can and will get you into deep legal trouble. Why would the JoWood person take that risk?
It is much more likely that he was telling the truth because JoWood has indeed finally managed to get their costs under control so G3 probably broke even at a comparatively low number of sold copies because the budget wasn't as high as you are thinking."

Werent the same people involved in some kind of financial scandal before?
And in an ideal world you would surely publish your numbers right .. but its quite easy to make your profit look larger. To have a better turnover per head etc. I am not going into details here .. and do not want to :)
You cannot lie about your turnover though ... too tough.

"finally managed to get their costs under control so G3 probably broke even at a comparatively low number of sold copies because the budget wasn't as high as you are thinking."

I am not as convinced as you are. I just wish the guys success for sure .. they are publishing some great titles etc. But somehow I still very much doubt it.

Gorath:

I do not have enough strength to discuss this issue anymore since from now on its surely just speculation and only stupid people base their ideas on assumptions and incorrect data :)

I'm glad they hit this mark. This means they likely have enough to pay for the game + earn some extra cash. Which of course mean we may see sequel or another different RPG from them which is good.

I wonder how many units they would sell if they did not fail to release finished game.

They probably wouldnt even publish it because of lack of money Danicku :)

The only thing i am wishing now is that they release the expansion ASAP because I want to play my frickin favourite game of all time Gothic and i want to play it perfect without bugs :)

I think Gothic 3 will continue to sell in the long term, much like arcanum, vampire, and baldurs gate did. They probably still sell a few thousand copies of gothic 1 per year :) (provided they even get any money now they are a different company).

Darghan, please try not to multi- post!! :)

I thought multi-posts in the quantity of a square number were okay for aesthetical reasons. :greengrin: :gorath:

yeah sry :) I will try to put my thoughts in one post all the time .. i have te same problem with phone-calls however so it will be very hard :)

That is why there is an 'edit' button ;)

hello to evryone,my name is Alin,I registered on this site by many reasons the first is that from this site I can learn more about games and second is making new friends wich are more experienced that me at games.

the right place to be then and welcome

Yes, welcome to the Watch!!

Back
Top Bottom