Dragon Commander - Let's Play One Turn

As long as the game doesn't bomb so bad as to kill Divinty, I'm happy.

Well, I tried to answer my own question, but I keep crashing every time I try to enter a battle. :p

There was no way to pause the game during combat when I played it in the hands-on session. You had to issue orders during the fight.
I doubt that has changed as it would be really problematic to accomplish in multiplayer mode.

You guys do realize that the "RT" in RTS stands for "real time", right? ;)

I certainly wouldn't object to an option to pause the game, but I see no reason to be able to issue orders while paused.

Tried to give away my beta key in the other thread. No one wants it?

That doesn't bode well for the amount of interest in this game. Anyways, I still have it if anyone is interested. It's for steam.

Well currently only the multiplayer RTS part is in the beta. Not the ideal hook on a single player RPG site ;)
And I already have a key, thanks.

Well currently only the multiplayer RTS part is in the beta. Not the ideal hook on a single player RPG site ;)
And I already have a key, thanks.

Didn't even know it had multi player as I'm not interested in RTS in the least.

No biggie just thought someone might want it. Anyway maybe when it's released and I get my free copy someone will take it of my hands.

Tried to give away my beta key in the other thread. No one wants it?
My problem is I do have the key, activated it, but honestly I don't have time now to betatest the game. :(

There was no way to pause the game during combat when I played it in the hands-on session. You had to issue orders during the fight.
I doubt that has changed as it would be really problematic to accomplish in multiplayer mode.

Thanks. Perhaps it won't be a deal breaker. We'll see at release. I really don't have time for crashing betas. i'm recently reminded no active pause isn't always a deal breaker, as I've dusted off Stronghold Crusader some of late.

Also, you can plug in computer AI for players in the multiplayer beta of Dragon Commander.

i generally dont do betas, very rarely. I'd rather enjoy the full game when it comes out, than to be partially burnt out and jaded to an extent from playing the testing version.

I'm sold, again on this game. Very few RTS games let you get down in the middle of a battle and fight alongside your troops. Spellforce, BZII, Sacrifice, DK, when a game does that, well…
:smitten:

I liked this preview, i think this is going to be a great game

Last edited:
Sakichop, are you saying you want to give your game away? I will probably love this game and plan to buy it, but if you don't want it...

I had pledged for the tier in OS that gave you DC also, but I moved my pledge to help with the RPGWatch fundraiser.

I'm not interested in the beta, but mostly because I haven't got the time right now, and I also prefer playing finished games in most cases, I try to avoid betas to not ruin the experience.

Back
Top Bottom