The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

We would have to make runs through content we skipped before, which would be boring even on elite for much of it. But on future TRs I wouldn't be opposed to simply doing everything in game from here on out, up to the latest raids at least.
See, I was taking it the other direction with the 7s. Liberally skipping "overplayed" content with the primary goal being character development via consistent levelling. Run enough content that strikes our fancy to gain the level and take it and maybe pick up some interesting gear in the process. No real designs for favor, no drive for completeness, and so forth.

While the +5 tome would be nice, I don't see the return on slogging thru stale content to get it, particularly more than one time (just for bragging rights).

That said, it's not like I'm going to boycott if the majority really wants to run Desert Caravan on elite right after we finish Restless Isles every single life.

You know everyone loves Restless Isles! It's a longtime favorite!

Sarcasm aside, we should do it at least once, since most of us bought it as a Premium already. The quests aren't bad, it's mostly just the horribly bad explorer.

For what it's worth, the wiki has a new map for Restless Isles that is rather good. Granted, the in-game map is completely useless, but one can print out the new one on the wiki & keep track of turns, progress by hand. It was even commented on by one of the devs when it was posted on the forums a few weeks ago. Someone spent a lot of work putting it together, & it shows. Link is below.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Map_of_The_Restless_Isles_Combined

I thought we were talking about doing the all or nothing with the current Fridays (22's) once we tr that bunch. Slogging them through all content should be a breeze. We could skip optionals in most quests since leveling would not be the main goal anymore. Do optionals that give gear chests only if it is for items we really need. Most of us have tons of the basic stuff. I suggest we start with a DA run again. See if Dte makes it in then go from there.

Plans for Tomorrow?

And, the plan for tomorrow is? Yes, we know it will be chaos, but anything more definitive? ;)

Will everyone be present for part or all?

I plan to be there, so just point me in the right direction!! :)

I'm available, but not accounted for. Currently I am not scheduled Saturday, but that is, as always, subject to change. Assuming all are in, I figure on either the next step in the E'star chain, or one of the remaining Heroic-level packs we wanted to do.

Since we've taken level 23, we've functionally decided that XP is no longer a driving concern. That means we're running stuff for entertainment or loot. I'd like to see us run something new-to-most-of-us for the novelty factor: epic Sentinels. It's not a bad chain and I'd bet the majority of us have never run it on epic. Might even be an interesting item or two, although I didn't bother to check.

If that's not a popular proposal, then I'd say Az has the idea. Eveningstar2, Cannith raids, or perhaps we finally take that long overdue swing at Litany. Since it's been a few weeks, we could also drag the Old Man thru another guild Shroud run if we were feeling feisty. I'd prefer to skip the DA farming run for a week so we don't completely burn out.

BTW, I got a Skype update Monday night, so y'all might want to plan accordingly to avoid version conflicts.

BTW, part deux: We have a new guildie that doesn't know all of our us's. UPDATE YER ROSTERS, YA PUKES!

If DTE can't make tonight, I don't mind what we run, however don't particularly want to run Lordsmarch on my 14 as I've run the chain about 3 times already on that toon this life. I already have 8 on the lowbie group just haven't taken the level, but I never ran Three Barrel when you guys ran it, so I'd be ok running that if people wanted.

Well as expected, I am now working tomorrow. TLDR version is something blew up, and while I can run my machine, we can only run one cnc at a time right now, and the 3 head router can't run regardless. So I play catchup tomorrow, and get the joy of working out the program for center blocks while I'm at it. So I'll be bailing early.

So then, Reywind will be an hour or so late next week. He knocked out the Schindl-whatever explorers with Peter and Aletys today so that the group could finish that off to kill time until he arrives. Apparently, there's a strong request to run heroic Storm Horns next (several people apparently wanting that guardian ring with 24PRR). I was planning on us sticking to epic content from here on out, but I guess it really doesn't matter much to me. The plan that was presented to me is that between Schindl-whatever explorers and over-level-reduced XP from Storm Horns, Corwin and I should cross the line for toon level 24. Not sure if that will prove to be accurate, but it just might be close enough. So that's our plan for next week. If ya don't like it, complain to Reywind, Peter, and Aletys. ;)

Any word on when the paladin rework is supposed to go live? I've got enough epic tokens to bring Shadohe around, but I figured I should wait until the update comes out just in case paladin actually becomes interesting. Be a shame to have to waste an LR heart just because I lacked patience.

The Paladin rework will be published in U23 coming out in a few weeks.

Aletys, Leywind and I did the Stormhorns chain on elite on alts and got the PRR ring. We got through without a lot of effort so we can definitely run elite on Friday.

I will ETR my level 27 fighter (soon at 28) and use him from level 20 or 21 on Friday. My regular Friday toon already has the PRR ring.

I propose we start doing Sschindylryn explorers (should take about 30 min) and then a DA or Shroud run. Then we could do the heroic elite Stormhorns quests.

It should be noted that crowd control was a definite plus in doing the Stormhorns chain, as was DPS, so that needs to be taken into account when doing the splits. The teams need to be balanced, especially for What Goes Up.

I'd like to do three barrel cove on the lowbies as well ... I keep missing it somehow.

Didn't we just run heroic 3BC on our lowbies. I seem to remember we did all the quests except Scoundrel's run. We even redid most of the quests for Leywind since he wasn't around when we did it the worst time.

Sure you haven't done these quests on your level 8, Aletys?

The totally new team corwin thread is 258 pages long and started January 2010 :)

And it replaced a Team Corwin thread that was also very long. I think we have been playing since 2002-2003. First Neverwinter Nights, then Neverwinter Nights 2 and then DDO.

The original thread was way back on the Dot in the old NFG. When we began the Watch, I called it the NEW TC thread since at that time the old site was still going!! :) One of these days you might even join us 'nut.

Back
Top Bottom