Pricewatch!

Speaking of GoG, it looks like they've just started a super summer sale dealie. Apparently there's 544 games on sale. Madness!

Yep:
- Torchlight FREE
- Alan Wake 90% off
- D&D collection 80% off

Loads of others 50% off ... but not the new Wizardry releases.

Also, System Shock 2 and 10 other games (including Nox and Realms of Arkania 1 & 2) are now on Mac. I don't even remember Nox on Mac before!

New Build a Bundle from groupees. This one contains:
Spectraball (steam/DRM free)
Smash Cat (Desura/DRM free)
Chernobyl Commando (Desura/DRM free)
Space Ark (Steam)
Aeon Command (Desura/DRM free)
Numen: Contest of Heroes (steam)
Freedom Fall (Desura/DRM free)
Off-Road Drive (Steam)
Dynamite Jack (Steam/DRM free)

Gamersgate is selling Divinity Dragon Commander 34.99$ as a pre-order. Seems like a pretty good price.

Endless Space with its new released expansion Disharmony get a good 50% sale for getting both on Steam, good for newcomers to the game.

Excellent game in middle of Civilization and Master of Orion with an excellent interface design and a very cool lore. I still have to play Disharmony and the changes it brings like a new "adaptive" AI.

Indie gala june closes in about a day. it contains:
Creatures: The Albian Years (DRM free)
Pirates of the Black Cove (Steam)
Survivor Squad (Desura)

Pay more than $3.37 to get
Chester (desura)
Sword of the Stars Complete (Steam)
Vessel + soundtrack (Steam)
Aquanox (Steam)
Painkiller: Overdose (steam)

and pay more than $5.56 to get
Star Ruler (steam)
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes (Steam)
A New Beginning (Steam)
Sword of the Stars 2: Enhanced Edition (Steam)
Aquanox 2 (Steam)
Crusader Kings Complete (Steam)

Overall a rather good bundle. The first SOTS is still a really good game, even if SOTS 2 is rather buggy. A New Beginning is one of the better adventure games that has been released in recent years, though its environmentalist message might annoy some people. Crusader Kings Complete is good, if you don't have Crusader Kings 2 (which is better) and Vessel is a really pleasant puzzle/platformer. I have not played the other games

Also from Indie Gala is Indie Gala Summer Dream which closes in 4 days. It contains
Creatures: Exodus (DRM free)
Creatures Village (DRM free)
DROD (Deadly Rooms of Death): King Dogan's Dungeon (DRM Free)
DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold (DRM free)
Fibrillation (Desura)
Oil Rush+ DLC & Soundtrack (Steam)

Pay more than $3.02 to get
DROD: The City Beneath (Desura)
DROD : Gunthro and the Epic Blunder (Desura)
Droplitz (Steam)
Dawnstar (Desura)
Paranormal (Desura)
Mystery game (steam)

The DROD series is apparently pretty good for those who like puzzle games, though I've not played any games in this bundle yet.

Also on the bundle front we have Indie Royale: the Spiral Groove Bundle. it contains:
Sniper Elite V2 (Steam)
Gatling Gears (Steam)
Bloody Trapland (Desura)
Judge Dredd: Dredd Vs Death (Steam)
And a mystery game

And finally we have Groupees Bundle of the Undead which is a build a bundle-style bundle (i.e. pick the games you want, pay $0.75/game, min 2). It contains:
Zombies Ruined my Day (Desura/DRM free)
Zafehouse: Diaries (GOG/Desura/DRM free)
Night of the Living Dead Defense (DRM free)
Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead (Desura)
Zombie Bowl-o-rama (Steam)
Necrovision: Hardcore edition (both necrovision games, Steam)
The Haunted: Hells Reach (Steam)

And the unlocks will be for everyone who bought the bundle. These are thus far:
Bloodhunter: The first insurrection (Music, DRM free)
Zombusters (Desura)
Dead Hungry diner (not unlocked yet, probably steam)

And I forgot these:
Bundle Stars Dynamite Reloaded costs £1.94 and contains (all steam):
King's Bounty: The Legend
Men of war Vietnam
Fantasy Wars
Real Warfare 1242
Death to Spies: Moment of Truth
Off-Road Drive
Star Wolves 2
Reign. Conflict of Nations
Death Track Resurrection
Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusade

Bundle Stars Atomic Indie costs £3.84 and contains (all steam)
Section 8
The First Templar
Legendary
Dream Pinball 3D
Disciples 3: Resurrection
Insecticide
Tropico Trilogy
Imperium Romanum Gold
Space Chem
Dino D-Day

PixelJam Octology costs $1 (or more) and contains:
Potatoman Seeks the Troof
Dino Run SE
Dino Run: Marathon of Doom
Planetari
Bitku Beta
Snowball!

Last edited:
Amazon has started its summer sale for Digital Download Games from June 30th to July 14th. Lots of stuff on sale for 50% to 75% off. Really too much to list here.

I guess one of the RPGs highlighted was Borderlands bundle for 78% off ($22 US for me) includes both games and seasons pass for #2.

Edit: Now that I've gotten through the 960 games. Not many RPGs really. Guild Wars, Magicka, Borderlands, Mass Effect Trilogy, Mount & Blade, The Secret World were the ones I spotted that are covered here.

Last edited:
Today within a few GOG offers there is a couple some could find interesting.

Depending on god knows what luck, your enemies will be exterminated like ants or you'll have to fight against godlike creatures and of course - die. That's not my pair of shoes, but if it thrills you to depend on luck, this $2.50 game is just for you:
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/faster_than_light

No story to discover and share with others who explored it, no brainslapping those who didn't remember the smallest detail that's the most important thing in the universe, no general culture entry. Instead the story is constructed by your actions in this game. At least "that's what I've heard on the road" (insert DA:O voiceover).
I can't see me playing a game devs cba to write a story, but maybe you want exactly that and this game will provide it for only $1.5:
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/king_of_dragon_pass

Last edited:
Just came here to post about King of Dragon Pass as well. For a game I'd never heard of, it looks surprisingly good. Jumped on it for $1.50.

Midweek maddness on Steam this time is BG:EE for 3.5€.
I'm pretty sure we all have either EE or the original game, in fact most have both, but still worth a note.

Depending on god knows what luck, your enemies will be exterminated like ants or you'll have to fight against godlike creatures and of course - die. That's not my pair of shoes, but if it thrills you to depend on luck, this $2.50 game is just for you:

FTL is surprisingly good. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys roguelikes or is looking for a more casual sci-fi RPG.

Speaking of sci-fi roguelikes… Sword of the Stars: The Pit is a must-play for anyone who likes the genre. This game has been sucking away all my free time lately. http://www.gog.com/gamecard/sword_of_the_stars_the_pit

Today within a few GOG offers there is a couple some could find interesting.

Funny thing. I looked at the price and went to Steam to see if they had it in offer, and it told me I already had the game (that's one good thing about having most of my games in Steam I guess). So I decided to give it a try, and it's definitely not the game for me. It starts good, you jump around, getting stronger, and after a few attempts, I got to the mothership and got blastered. I checked in the Internet, and found out you have to beat it 3 times in a row LOL. I uninstalled it, but was fun for the 2-3 hours I played it.

FTL is surprisingly good. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys roguelikes or is looking for a more casual sci-fi RPG.

Speaking of sci-fi roguelikes… Sword of the Stars: The Pit is a must-play for anyone who likes the genre. This game has been sucking away all my free time lately. http://www.gog.com/gamecard/sword_of_the_stars_the_pit

That game is on sale on GMG for next few hours 2.71€:
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/hr/en/pc/games/strategy/sword-stars-pit/

Most roguelikes aren't known for being easy to finish. :)
True, but in the case of FTL, again based on what I've heard, the game balance was made so poor that your chances are equal to sitting on a flying nuke.

Most roguelikes aren't known for being easy to finish. :)

Well it's the first 'roguelike' game I've played, for some reason I thought it was more like an RPG (which it really feels like until the big stupid fight). Guess rogue like games are not for me at all.

Back
Top Bottom