Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land - Released for iOS

I'll definitely make the leap, just as soon as they make it for Android, which I understand they intend to do.

Yeah, I hope this comes out for PC too.

Anything with "Cthulhu" in the title automatically has my attention. I've got Android, but I'd rather play it on PC.

Cthulhu and turn based sounds very good. Not on PC sounds a lot less good.

The Ipad is a great product for relaxed gaming. It runs game that amny rpg fans like to play extremely well.

Ok, played tutorial and it had a very silent storm feel to it....a world war 1 trench part...lots of atmosphere...no crazy monsters yet...less you consider nazi's monsters which isn't a stretch.

Quits to desktop after ive killed the 4 nazis in the First area, tried it two times. Meh.

Got through the first mission and upgraded my guys without any crashes

The initial user reviews suggest that the crash issues may be limited to the Ipad. I've found this is a common trend in games on the Appstore, that they frequently work fine on the Iphone and crash on the Ipad.

Some of the reviews do still complain about sluggish and unresponsive controls on the Iphone though. Might be worth waiting for an update or two before playing. Sounds like once you get past the technical issues, the overall perceptions of the game are pretty positive.

I'm running an iPad 2 os 5.01

How about Cthulhu Saves the World?
This was a really fun game. I didn't finish it but put several hours in. And it cost something like five dollars, right?

Does there actually exist a person called "Ctulhu" ?

[ I must admit that I had thought that this title was a joke ... ]

Ipad 1 here and 5.01.. it crashes just when ending that turn (when you've killed off all the nazis), i've tried it 6-7 times. Turned off all other programs in the background, cold booted the ipad.

Better to just wait for an update then. With luck they won't take too long to fix it.

Sadly I've noticed that this is very common for any of the larger/more complicated IOS game. They frequently have one or more devices that they just don't work for at all when first released.

Last edited:
A little off topic, but if you haven't tried the quest check it out.

Better to just wait for an update then. With luck they won't take too long to fix it.

Sadly I've noticed that this is very common for any of the larger/more complicated IOS game. They frequently have one or more devices that they just don't work for at all when first released.

I think the latest OS is buggy, i noticed that some other application or game also quit to the desktop.. i've hade the ipad for like a year now and never saw it before this new OS release..

On-Topic:

Cthulhu+Tie.jpg

Back
Top Bottom