Two Worlds - Demo Coming

Dhruin

SasqWatch
From the official 2-worlds.com site comes news of a demo to be released on August 21st, coinciding with the Leipzig GC:
+++ Brand-new 2W Demo gives you a real adventure trip into the RPG +++
Anyone who wants a first-hand impression of what the RPG "Two Worlds" is all about can really look forward to the 21st of August. Right on time for the Games Convention, an 1,3 GB big demo will be available here and on various partner sites. The demo will enable gamers to freely explore a large part of Northern Antaloor and solve various quests - and it even includes a part of the main story involving the mysterious Dark Brotherhood - but don't worry… the game's high-voltage excitement will still be there for you if you decide to take on the full version - because although the demo has no time limits, it does end automatically when you reach a specific point in the main quest.

CEO Alexandra Constandache: "Although we've been hugely successful with "Two Worlds" in the past few weeks, this demo will definitely contribute to pushing the envelope even more! Demo release has been intentionally planned for the start of the Games Convention in Leipzig - and we'll be starting a special promotion for our visitors there."
More information.

I think this is huge because Two Worlds is one of those games where the opinions vary greatly from one person to another. I was really undecided whether or not I was going to get this game based on what I've heard about it. Now I can simply play the demo and decide for myself.
Kudos to the Devs\publisher on this decision.

I am looking forward to it, the only thing I can think of that would drive me away at this point would be just horrible gameplay, since I really acutally like the idea of the Coop, First & Third person views, even if it is RPG-lite.

If I can put up with bethseda's utter comtempt for PC gamers on their game, I certianly can put up with a imperfect game directed at PC gamers, giving me a chance to do quest and bash skulls with friends. :)

It will be intresting to see if the 1.3 gig will include the netcode.

Edit
Keep forgetting to ask, has anyone heard if there is some mod cappabilities within this game, or possibly seen an editor, don't remember reading about this info?

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Keep forgetting to ask, has anyone heard if there is some mod cappabilities within this game, or possibly seen an editor, don't remember reading about this info?

A SDK has been announced but not released yet. Though you need to ask permission from the developers if you want to mod the game. Here is the explanation why by the technical director of Two Worlds:

Our SDK gives full access to the game. With it people can make it better or completly destroy it. Because game has multiplayer modes it is quite dangerous. We want to avoid such situaions.

I think that is a very good thing! I'll probably be getting it regardless, but the demo is quite welcome. Unfortunately the release seems to have been pushed back again from the 14th to the 21st ...

I'm glad to see this as well. I have heard that the latest patches has helped the game quite a bit.

I think that is a very good thing! I'll probably be getting it regardless, but the demo is quite welcome. Unfortunately the release seems to have been pushed back again from the 14th to the 21st ...

Mmm, I see a conflict on the horizon. Bioshock anyone?

From what I have seen of this game, it sucks horribly. Basically a really crappy version of Oblivion.

Having play tested

Dont ask...

Anyways...it is quite fun, in respect of combat (to an extent), questing, searching and exploring and story...

The bad?

UGLY Characters
Repetitive Combat (you only need 2 skills actually)

We will see if the new patch fixes some of that though

Back
Top Bottom