Grimoire - Super Demo Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I know most of you told Mythros no more posts about the game, but the promised Super Demo is now avaiable for Grimoire.
The Super Demo is now accessible for pledged campaign contributors only at :

Grimoire Super Demo Download Link

Please note that after installation, the super demo activates your onboard webcam and then attempts to match your likeness to the NSA archives at the Echelon facility here in Australia. Failing to find a match to our list of contributors will mean you will immediately be invoiced for a million dollars worth of Amway merchandise that will be dumped on your door, most of it worthless garbage you will never even be able to sell to your own relatives like oversize cans of Crisco and huge bags of yarn fragments. Crawling through waist deep piles of greasy yarn in your living room that become increasingly tangled over the years you will rue the day you downloaded the Grimoire Super Demo without being a contributor. You have been warned.
I'll slink back to the darkness to avoid the pitchforks.
leaving.gif

More information.

If someone knows how to create a Templar, Jester or that other class whose name I can't remember, please post here. I can't be bothered to dig through 300+ pages of Codex spam right now.

Really excellent game, lots of changes since last superdemo. This will be a great selling product!!

For Templar you have to check all characters, just create some temp ones with 15+ bonuses and see what professions are offered.

I noticed that NOT choosing race types ideal for "Metalsmith" in their career description most of the time gave me the desired "Metalsmith" in other races.

Greater Monster Mobs
If you wish to fight lots of enemies without selecting those annoying "Wandering Monsters"(on RARE they still annoyed me a lot) check this out:

Also the game is really good, when I change characters stats in an external editor, tested stronger beginners on SUPERHERO difficulty and the game responds really nicely! Everything becomes somewhat like the "Heart of Fury" difficulty in Icewind Dale. Still the game remains challenging. This is proof of great design and most importantly:

loads of fun!

For Templar you have to check all characters, just create some temp ones with 15+ bonuses and see what professions are offered.

I've created characters from all races with 32 bonus points (maximum AFAIK) and never got to make a Templar or Jester. I've heard that you can do it "later in the game" but nothing specific.

What editor are you using? Have you done any testing as to what the attributes are doing exactly?

It is possible to create a durendil templar with 30+ bonus roll.
in old demo from 1998 it was also possible to create a naga pirate or assasine, but i wasnt able to do this in this demo.
Jester was never possible imo.

hope it helps

Ah Drithius, the eternal optimist! :)

More information.[/QUOTE]

Seriously,

What is up with this game? Never heard of it, downloaded the "backer only" demo-- Which I was able to play and wow-- fun!
Great colors-- looks deep. Is this formerly vaporware or something?

I am just not in on the joke I guess :)

According to Cleve many years ago, characters like the Jester could only be 'created' later in the game when you had the opportunity to change classes, much like Wiz 7!!

Think I'll wait for the SuperSuperSuper demo in 2015.

I'll do that too… But because of my age I'll probably die before that thing gets released.

At least I won't die before finishing a books saga like Martin will.

I'll do that too… But because of my age I'll probably die before that thing gets released.

Well, lets stay positive.

Don't worry if he does die another author will finish the series. Hopefully he/she wont take more than five years to write one book. :cool:

Don't worry if he does die another author will finish the series. Hopefully he/she wont take more than five years to write one book. :cool:

I always find it funny when people complain about an Author taking to long...it's not like they have done anything themselves.

Don't worry if he does die another author will finish the series.

He stated, years back, that he is leaving nothing on paper, for anyone to work with, should he die before finishing. He wanted the series to end with him, seemingly. I imagine that the TV deal may have changed that plan slightly.

He stated, years back, that he is leaving nothing on paper, for anyone to work with, should he die before finishing. He wanted the series to end with him, seemingly. I imagine that the TV deal may have changed that plan slightly.
Well HBO is making six seasons by splitting his books in half to make one season. He is safe for at least six years.

I always find it funny when people complain about an Author taking to long…it's not like they have done anything themselves.

I'm glad you find it funny. ;) To get this topic back on track though how is the demo. Any impressions to share anyone?

Don't really intend to play the super demo, at least not yet - had a lot of fun playing the original demo, even despite the problems on Win 7, and don't want to overdo it. However, having walked around a bit the game now looks much more polished, movement and graphic transitions much smoother etc. Looks pretty good too when set to 1:1 aspect ratio in full screen mode. Really hope Cleve does manage to finish it, would be a very substantial achievement, I reckon.

Hmm, downloading immediately. I feel like giving it a whirl. Thanks, Cleve. Can we still donate?

EDIT: Still buggy. Can't alt-tab out of fullscreen mode. And it leave cursor graphics artifacts every time I try. Well, windowed mode will be too small and harsh on my eyes… And I'm not changing my desktop resolution for this. I'll wait for the super duper demo.

Back
Top Bottom