What annoys you?

Dipwads that don't know the difference between America and Australia

Dipwads that don't know the difference between America and Australia

Hah! You both speak weird english. 'Nuff said.

pibbur who being an outlander probably speaks even weirder english. OTOH, he's far better at norwegian than the average A*ans.

What annoys me is the very large woman at work who talks friggin' nonstop! And to make it even worse she is very dumb and spouts off every little political blurb she hears from Rush or whomever those unintelligent people listen to.

We ALL know that Australia is better in every respect!! :)

I don't know. Given that every top-10 list of 'things that can kill you in horrifying ways' seems to have 9 items from Australia on it, I personally think Australia is proof that either God hates us and wants us to die horribly or He just has a REALLY twisted sense of humor! :)

Ohh and I will add to my annoyed list:

Eastern European immigrants that ride the subway in NYC, particularly in the summer, and have not yet figured out how to use deodorant. Seriously, you figured out how to get on a plane or boat to get to this country, but you can't figure out how to mask your body odor?!?

I don't know. Given that every top-10 list of 'things that can kill you in horrifying ways' seems to have 9 items from Australia on it, I personally think Australia is proof that either God hates us and wants us to die horribly or He just has a REALLY twisted sense of humor! :)

Or it's simply punishment. After all the main population of ozzies derive from criminals, and for all I know they still are. They will deny this of course.

pibbbur who wonders if publishing this was a good idea, but then: nobody can find him where he's hiding now

Everyone knows God has a marvelous sense of humour; after all, he created women!! :) Still, we relish our convict ancestry; it means we've had nowhere to go but UP. However, when we examine what's happening in the USA currently, we can see that they are still in their convict stage!! :D

Or it's simply punishment. After all the main population of ozzies derive from criminals, and for all I know they still are. They will deny this of course.

pibbbur who wonders if publishing this was a good idea, but then: nobody can find him where he's hiding now

Hmm, ignorance isn't a defence pibbur! While convict transportation to the colonies in Australia, related protectorates, etc. was from 1778 to 1853-4 (or so) the Australian population far more than doubled after the second world war mainly with escapees (sorry refugees) from Europe. The local birth rate wasn't even close to really making a difference.

Says Hurls (who while he has convict ancestry and is therefore actually in the minority in his country or birth, citizenship and residence).

I've discovered something that rrrreally annoyes me. Cell phones with (*spits*) auto correction enabled. I was sending a text message to my oldest daughter using the cell phone of the wife who for some reason find the feature useful (I wish I knew that before marrying her, but then, we got married in 1978, long before the invention of the modern gadget from hell).

Anyhow, the obnoxious one answered, pointing at several unintended transformations of what I wanted to say. So I replied, telling her that I hated "autokorrektur" (Norwegian for "auto correction"). Said gadget from hell insisted that what I intended to write was "sirkusteltet" (Norwegian for "the circus tent").

Wife tried to show me that there are ways of correcting this, but she doesn't fool me. This (from Black Books) is how to treat cell phones with that abomination enabled.

pibbur who has disabled the abomination on his own cell phone, but unfortunately he's not allowed the same privileges on the one operated by the wife.

Primary error; sending a text message!! Phones of all types are for TALKING to people and NOTHING else!!!!! IMHO :)

People annoy me the most, but their ideas are a close runner up. Also, I dislike how easily I get distracted from topics, I wish there was a McDonalds in my house.

Primary error; sending a text message!! Phones of all types are for TALKING to people and NOTHING else!!!!! IMHO :)

As long as you really want to TALK, HEAR their voices, having to LISTEN to their arguments, yes. But if not, then a text message (not tainted by auto correction) is sufficient.

pibbur who writes "HAH"!

I ALWAYS switch off auto auto correction as soon as possible ! ;)

... But really bad would be voice auto correction ... ;)

I do that all the time while playing DDO; you'll often hear me auto-correcting people's use of spoken English!! :D

Back
Top Bottom