Dark Souls II - Video Interview Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Here are three video interviews from this week for Dark Souls II.

PlayStation Access
Hollie chats with Namco Producer Tak Miyazoe about new features in Dark Souls 2, such as PvP, new classes, and how invasions work.
Game Trailers
BANDAI NAMCO talks Dark Souls II and shows off new gameplay footage!
Giant Bomb
Bandai Namco's Brian Hong tells us whatever it is he knows about the new RPG .
And as a bonus a site called EMGN has news of a possible PC release date.
Amazon US has listed Dark Souls 2 for pre-order with a tentative release date of May 31, 2014. Only the digital standard version of the game is currently listed for pre-order(PC Steam keys)priced at $59,99 with the Collector’s Edition and Black Armour Edition yet to be seen.

Two things to be cautious of with this listing, May 31st is a Saturday which would be a very unusual release day for a game. Along with this, the release day is right at the end of the month, which is normally set when a retailer is not entirely sure of the release date but predicts it will be around that time.
More information.

Can't see gametrailers video. The videos start normally, and then after a few seconds the image is frozen while the sound continues its way.
I disable flashblock and other plugins with no success.
Does someone have the same behavior?

Though it took me a while to warm up to Demon's Souls and Dark Souls (though in the last 2.5 months I've played and beat both games), I've been a longtime fan of From Software titles.

The first game I played from them was the U.S. release of King's Field (which in Japan, was the 2nd game in the series, but for the U.S., it was the first). I was so in awe of that game and enjoyed King's Field 2 and King's Field 3: The Ancient City. Another off title game though in the same vein as King's Field is Eternal Ring - another fun game from FROM Software.

One thing I find interesting now, aside from the games themselves, is hearing the 'voice' of From Software. Until their success with Demon's Souls/Dark Souls, From Software was little known in the U.S. and since I can't read Japanese, I've often wondered about the company and the people behind the scenes.

So now that they're getting somewhat popular here in the U.S., it's a lot of fun to watch these interview videos and hearing what the devs have to say about their games.

So thank you Couchpotato for your ongoing great work posting news bits that bring about a lot of entertainment for us here at The Watch, in ways you probably never imagined (good, decent ways, that is :p).

Indeed! Thanks for the video overload Couch. It helps makes the waiting somewhat bearable ;)

Seriously though I really hope that 31 of May date is placeholder as some people say… It does seem unlikely that I'll be getting my Black armor preorder any time soon though (*). Amazon(UK) changed the delivery date from late March to "we don't really know mate" a couple of weeks ago and they are not prepared to give a new one for the time being, it seems… :-/

Anyways, at least these videos were not too heavy on the spoilers… There are articles out there spoiling the whole first couple of hours. I think I'll start exercising some self restraint and stop looking, as I have been lucky to avoid the worst of them up to this point… :uneasy:

(* mid to late April as I was hopping seems pretty pale right now, unless Namco is fooling around with people owning both a PS3 and a powerful PC :D )

Check back tomorrow I have eight more previews for another roundup. Fair warning though some of them do spoil the first few hours of the game.O_O

Eeek thanks for the warning :uhoh:
Actually, come March 14th I better disappear from the forums/internets altogether :D

Back
Top Bottom