Chaos Chronicles - Coreplay Issues New Statement

exactly my hunch too, coreplay realized they had much more in their hands so it was stupid to abandon the IP(which is what every indie in his excitement of the deal does that), so they offered a new contract-which bitcomposer obviously rejected since they think they got a gold mine with the IP.

A gold mine I don't know, but I bet it's simply their IP.
bitComposer brought 95% of the funding in the first place ( directly or not ) and certainly won't agree for any kind of "compensation" just to see some third party go away with Chaos Chronicles.

Yep, dead end, unless Coreplay finally accept to cross the finish line with this publisher and overpatch the game after release.
That's what happened to JA:BiA and I read recently that v1.13g was quite good :D
And they'll know better next time.

I don't think I am lamenting the loss of this game anymore, because I have a sneaking suspicion that there really wasn't ever much of a game to begin with…

Gamers.de seemed quite enthusiast back in February though.

I have been suspicious about them supposedly working on JA until mid 2012 and not starting on Chaos Chronicles until after that. They had screenshots in August and a gameplay video in December of last year which showed really good progress which I don't think could have been done in a really short time like is suggested.

It looks to me like the publisher was expecting a game sometime in early-mid 2013, but the developer knows they aren't anywhere remotely close to that. Based on their previous explanation of the timelines where they said they were working on JA-based content until mid-2012, I wouldn't be surprised if they were barely into production when January rolled around and bitComposer said, "Hey, is the game ready?".
ok so what? they couldn't finish on deadline, that's the way of development.
do you want the game to suck? do you think they just sat on their asses and counted the money? do you believe that's what happens when developers strike a publishers deal? development is crazy-publishing isn't. the same thing happened with gothic 3 and pirahna bytes, and we got an unfinished game. but instead of getting to some agreement or something in between, the publisher just threw them to the dogs.

is that the way to treat clients waiting for a new game? I don't think so.
because publishers aren't like developers. they aren't in it for the artistic gain, they are only in it for the money. if it is threatened in any way, they just won't take the chance.
because if bitcomposer would to take that chance there would be somekind, a glimpse of, negotiations.

but there wasn't. it was like this-"you can't make deadlines-we're gonna lose on your sorry ass. bye!"

This is sad was really looking forward to this one before all the legal crap.

well, the way I see it the game most have been pretty far from completion otherwise they'd reach an agreement.

Back
Top Bottom