Dungeons - German Demo

What!? German!?

>Your minions are unhappy!<

I'd be curious to hear impressions from any German-speaking folks who give the demo a whirl.

I WANT THIS GAME NOW. DK2 keeps crashing and my girlfriend decided to hog the other computer. So I'm forced to keep trying to get it to play on Win 7 64. Which it does work, sorta. It just keeps crashing after level 3.

There's also a huge release patch with a content update.

So practically an online account at Kalypso is a must.

Implicite DRM - via patches that only users of an online account get.

Very clever, very cynical.

Cynical? Suport & patches cost money. It's perfectly understandable if they want to spend this money exclusively on people who bought the game.

I'm downloading it. I can't wait anymore. I've played Chinese games before and figured out how to play them. At least German is a little closer to English than Chinese :D

Set your system language to English before you install. The German full version is actually multi-language.

Really? Awesome. Thanks, Gorath.

Set your system language to English before you install. The German full version is actually multi-language.

How do you set the language? I didn't see the option to do so when I tried to install.

I installed it and it was still in German. That's ok though. At least I can understand some words, unlike in Chinese :)

That German voice actor for the peg-legged goblin is excellent.

Cynical? Suport & patches cost money. It's perfectly understandable if they want to spend this money exclusively on people who bought the game.

Well, some might decide to not go online - and do you really think someone out in the provinces where there's still Modems in use would want to get a 300 MB patch through their 56k line ?

I know, this is an extreme example but - shouldn't we look from the view of from the ones with the least resources first ?

DLCs are the same - they are aimed at those who are sitting next to a broadband line. Do you really think Bethesda or EA would ship their DLCs on discs ?

Well, some might decide to not go online - and do you really think someone out in the provinces where there's still Modems in use would want to get a 300 MB patch through their 56k line ?

If it's mentioned on the box then these people are not part of the target audience. If it's not mentioned they have a good reason to return the game to the shop.
I know, this is an extreme example but - shouldn't we look from the view of from the ones with the least resources first ?
No, we shouldn't. ;)

At some point you've got to make a cut and leave outdated technology behind.

Kalypso apparently decided they don't want to do business with people who don't have broadband internet. If you're a part of this group: Don't buy their games.

DLCs are the same - they are aimed at those who are sitting next to a broadband line. Do you really think Bethesda or EA would ship their DLCs on discs ?
They did. The Oblivion DLC got a boxed release. Other DLC also routinely gets released in Gold Editions, etc.

How do you set the language? I didn't see the option to do so when I tried to install.

You can set the language in the Sytem Control Panel. That thing where you can configure everything.

The demo seems to be German only though.

Looks good, sounds good, plays good, but it needs to be in a language I understand. I did well enough in the beginning, but now that I leveled up and it's starting to get a bit more complex, I need to understand what is being said.

I like how you have to open the herogates and they keep coming when a certain amount of time passes. Gotta try to figure out a way to get them to STAY in my dang dungeon. They keep coming in, go to one chest and then book it out of there. I need more time for them to walk around and go to some of my other loot where I some vampire bats waiting around the corner for them.

Also a neat little mechanic is that you have to find these spawn points to get certain monsters. For example I had to battle the vampire bats to take their spawn point. Then I had to battle the wererats to get theirs. Once that was done I could set down my spawn point and choose whether I want wererats, skeletons or vampire bats to spawn there. Oh for the skeletons you have to dig into a graveyard to be able to start to summon them (I'm assuming a lot of this and may be wrong, but skeletons didn't start showing up till I tunneled my way into a graveyard.

Going to have lots of fun with this one.

Keeper xSamhainx

In your acutely evil mind you have made a good decisionl. I can see there is a lot going on, but without knowing what to do it becomes difficult to guess. If this was a FPS it would be no problem, but the skill alone are difficult to figure out. I think I got some kind of magic missle attack and something else.

I'm glad I did try it. It looks beautiful and YOUR KEEPER RUNS AROUND WHACKING THE GOODY 2 SHOES!!!! Ahhhh that was just pure enjoyment seeing him smaking some elf around and then have her hauled into my prisons.

So far so good. If I can enjoy it a little without knowing what's going on just wait till I do. Those heroes won't stand a chance in hell/dungeon. Can't wait to see how traps work

Back
Top Bottom