What games are you playing now?

You should try getting the Magna Mundi Platinum 2 mod when it comes out soon-ish, Zaleukos. the MM mods are pretty nice.

Anyways, I've been playing Victoria: Revolutions with the new 0.3 version of the Victoria Improvement Patch. I played a game as Russia where I conquered (the game lasts from 1835-1935ish) Scandinavia, kept Finland, Eastern Prussia, modern-day Turkey and the Arabian Peninsula, Japan, Mongolia, Afghanistan, and modern-day Pakistan.

I'm now playing a game where I started as Austria and managed to form "Greater Germany" - that is, I forced Prussia and the other German states to heel and merged them with Austria. I also control Northern Italy and Denmark (including it's overseas holdings).

My next game will probably be a U.S. game where I try to conquer the Western Hemisphere and ahistorically have some colonies in Asia and possibly Africa.

Well you can't really get the feel for Prototype in just a few minutes. If you ever get the chance, you should play a little deeper.... unless sandbox style just isn't your thing.

I personally think it's a lot more fun than the GTA games, which would probably be it's closest comparison.

I still have it installed on my computer, and I'll give it a go in the next few weeks or sooner, it's getting pretty good reviews. I was only speaking to my initial impressions. Are you playing on PC?

I found Prototype very mediocre ... the controls suck, the story is thin and cliched, and since it is really a Transformers-esque mindless romp, I felt annoyed that the developers seemed to constantly throw things in the way of having mindless fun.

Odd, I have no problem whatsoever with the controls, using the keyboard or my Logitech Dual Action gamepad.

I think I like Prototype because I didn't have any high expectations going into it. It's pretty good for a console port.

At the end of Jade Empire, game's getting a little tough now and then. A little. Mostly huge battles of attrition, tons of enemies vs me, wearing them down, jumping in and out of battle ad infinitum

What originally started out as a novel fighting system has gotten a little bland for me the more powerful that Ive gotten. Rarely ever need to use block at all (and if you do w/ melee youre instantly strong attacked), thus it consists of - roll or jump into opponent, do thousand cuts til they die. Next. If they eventually block, do a strong attack. If youre surrounded, toss some area attacks in, then jump into your opponent and repeat thousand cuts routine. The "hey this feels all Kung Fooey" thing is definitely wearing off.

The toughest opponents have not been bosses, but the elephant, frog, and horse demons. The battle w/ the Fox herself wasnt a real problem, it was her guardian Shining Tusk and lesser minions at one time that gave me problems. Now, I just walked all over Shin AND Jia, these are like major players here that should have been a little bit of a challege at least. Maybe I shouldnt be using a follower, but I like having the demon w/ me for role playing value.

Fun rpg-lite so far, but maybe i need a harder difficulty or something

Odd, I have no problem whatsoever with the controls, using the keyboard or my Logitech Dual Action gamepad.

I think I like Prototype because I didn't have any high expectations going into it. It's pretty good for a console port.

I found them functional but unresponsive, and found myself dying more often from stuff that I couldn't see of because I would jump too little or two much than because of actual gameplay.

Thing is, a friend of mine was complaining about the controls on the console as well.

You should try getting the Magna Mundi Platinum 2 mod when it comes out soon-ish, Zaleukos. the MM mods are pretty nice.

Anyways, I've been playing Victoria: Revolutions with the new 0.3 version of the Victoria Improvement Patch..

I'll might look into mods after I get bored with vanilla, but that should be months into the future:) I have mixed feelings towards mods for their earlier games, as I think the railroading of historical development many of them introduce sometimes hurt immersion. So far the more dynamic structure of EU3 (with the expansions) seems to break the mold in a pleasant way.

Havent played Victoria in a while as the CD and box got lost when we moved house, but I might treat myself to Victoria complete if there is a lull in more modern releases. The update economic dynamics of Revolutions should be enough to warrant a revisit. Too bad Paradox is unlikely to produce a sequel...

I finished the NWN2 mod "Fate of a City". It was awesome! Seriously, great adventure. It was also very satisfying to get almost-exactly-but-not-quite the ending that I wanted.

Hm, now that I got the "feel" of NWN2 again, maybe it's high time I finished Mask of the Betrayer? It's not easy to continue my playthrough after it's been on hiatus for over a year.

maybe i need a harder difficulty or something

After you beat the game you can play on Jade Master mode - it tends to be difficult, although some battles just become tedious.

At the end of Jade Empire, game's getting a little tough now and then. A little. Mostly huge battles of attrition, tons of enemies vs me, wearing them down, jumping in and out of battle ad infinitum

Sounds like the end of KotOR - bleah.

I am waiting on the next patch before starting NWN2. Finally have a PC that can handle it, I hope. I'll play through the OC, then MoTB, SOZ, and probably the MoW DLC.

I've gotten my PoR party advanced to level 5 or so on average. Finally getting used to the controls for combat and really liking it, but inventory management is seriously tedious.

Well, in the last days I have also installed Trine, the new Tales of Monkey Island, and Harry Potter Half-Blood Prince to complete as well as the rest of the stuff ...

I've been beta testing the new DDO FREE offering, but I'm not allowed to talk about it!! :)

Pardon my ignorance but what is DDO?

Stupid me :speechless:

But I'm sure you've already told everything in the mod lobby :D

Playing Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 1...

Back
Top Bottom