HEX MMO Trading Card Game

felipepepe

Codex Refugee
So, this Kickstarter campaign just launched: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game

hex.jpg

Fuck yeah, a decent online TCG! I'm absolutly hyped for this!

Especially of people finally exploring the possibilites of non-physical cards, and the freedom that it gives you, with some cool ideas like this:

3bf687e49ff4a3755b71e7cb08fd96d7_large.jpg

Or this:

5c194cfd0d186d544cf402dc12dc16e5_large.jpg

Of course, there's stuff that is obviously MMO grinding, like this:

5b58add9905b2948e49b5a97ba76fad2_large.png

But seems mild and interesting enough, and a good non-abusive way to reward players, as no doubt some people will furiously grind to have a full foil deck, but that is just cosmetic.

I'm a bit worried that the upper reward tiers look VERY pay-to-win, with 11 "KS backer exclusive cards" (PVE only though) and stuff like "100% more loot for life" or "+1 card on initial hand at PVE battles"… but the game will be free-to-play, and as long as you can still fight battles and earn cards without dropping money, I'm more than happy to join it. And on a good TCG, a well built deck means much more than a expensive deck.

Besides, the initial tier seems good enough, for $20 you get 2 decks, 10 boosters and beta acess. There's a ton of info on their website, so take a look and let's discuss. :)

We have a marketing sub forum for these types of posts; please use it!!

I'm mildly interested because it's not PvP only. And it's free, might give it a try.

We have a marketing sub forum for these types of posts; please use it!!
You mean that spam forum begging to be emptied?

You could just say "we don't want to hear about new MMOs", would be more honest...

You mean that spam forum begging to be emptied?

You could just say "we don't want to hear about new MMOs", would be more honest…

I want to hear about new MMOs! I don't think this was a marketing post (if it was, it's very nicely disguised). Looked more like a report of a new MMO game to me.

I've been looking for a good TCG for a while now, going to look into this. Thanks Felipepepe

I want to hear about new MMOs! I don't think this was a marketing post (if it was, it's very nicely disguised). Looked more like a report of a new MMO game to me.
It isn't, I'm a regular poster at the RPG Codex, did this same thread there and decided to share with our older, full-time working brothers at the Watch...

Anyway, they released a video of a full battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfOfGvkdzlI&feature=share&list=UUJZM5Yq83ztThHnW1k9a8_g

A complete Magic clone, if I ever saw one. Not that is necessarily bad, as MTG is my favorite TCG anyway, and it has very solid and proven mechanics. I wish they would make a video showing some of that "MMO" stuff working...

Back
Top Bottom