King's Bounty: Advice please!

mogwins

Sentinel
I picked up the King's Bounty collection in some kind of bundle a while back. It seems I've got three games; The Legend, Armoured Princess and Crossworlds. Reading around the internet, I think this is the order they were released in. I have to admit, I know next to nothing about them, other than they're strategy with RPG elements.

Given my gaming time is limited and I'll only likely have chance to play through one, which one should it be? And advice much appreciated.

Thanks for the input! Though, as I say, gaming time is really rather limited, so "sarting with Legend" isn't really an option - I'd likely end there too (unless I *really* like it enough to completely ignore the rest of my backlog!).

Digging round some more, I see AP has a much higher metascore than Legend (which may be an indicator of precisely nothing!). So to rephrase my original question: If I was only ever to play one game in the King's Bounty series, which should it be? ;)

I still would go with Legend, if you like that kind of games I'd be really surprised if you don't love it enough to play the rest anyway.

AP might very well have a higher metacritic score, in some ways it is better, but I think if you're only going to play one game you'd appreciate legend more.

There are some advance features in AP which probably is more appreciated by people who are already fans of the series.

Brilliant, thanks! I shall do as you suggest. And yeah, maybe I'll bump the other games in my pile if I really get into this.

Crossworlds is actually Armored Princess "enhanced".
But as GG said, The Legend is the one to start with.

If you were "only ever to play one KB game", I'd say pick the third one. It's KB:Warriors of North as it contains a few new spectacular music scores.

I'm following Gothic on this one; go with Legend. AP is good, but for me Legend was easier to get into.

Legend it is.

@joxer: I didn't get Warriors as part of the bundle and I'm certainly not about to add to my KB backlog any further! ;)

Legend is KB1
Armored Princess is KB2
Crossworlds, is KB2.1 (like an add-on really, with no story and you just fight boss battles I believe)

Play Legend. If you like it, you'll play Armored Princess. If you don't, then you won't like Armored Princess either.

Legend is KB1
Armored Princess is KB2
Crossworlds, is KB2.1 (like an add-on really, with no story and you just fight boss battles I believe)

Play Legend. If you like it, you'll play Armored Princess. If you don't, then you won't like Armored Princess either.

Crossworlds has an extended Armored Princes campaign, so that is the version that you want to play after Legends. There are also some shorter campaigns in it.

If this isn't your genre of choice, I'd definitely go with KB1. Quite simply, it's much easier to get into and the overall difficulty is a little lower.

To bury it further, if you play just one, stick with the now classic one, ie legend.

I started Legend today! Though I should have been working. You are all bad people! ;)

each successive KB is "more of the same". Its a good thing with Armoured Princess but at some point enough of the same is enough.

You can also get married only in Legends
situations when you dump your zombie wife because demoness gives better buff tend to be funny
Also humor is better in Legend than AP imo.

Also the rage box in KB1 is more fun than the pet dragon in AP.

The pet dragon was yucky cute and I hated it. If I wanted pokemons, I'd play pokemons.
Probably wasn't alone as they removed it from the third game and put something better than rage box. ;)

But AP is still better IMO. They've added a new feature that makes life easier and enables a wider exploration - flying. Also, the problem getting full stacks of red priests (without sacrifice) in The Legend doesn't happen in AP. Unbeatable griffins are also nerfed in AP. Etc.

Back
Top Bottom