Runes of Magic - Beta Impressions @ Cheap Gamer

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Some beta impressions of the Free-to-play MMORPG Runes of magic can be found on Cheap Gamer.
In order to compete with the big boys, a new mmorpg has to be innovative in the extreme, or do the genres classic features better than the rest. Runes of Magic is shaping up to be a good game, just not in the same league as the conventional mmorpg's. For a free-to-play mmorpg still in beta testing, it is impressive. My in game time was mostly enjoyable and crash free. The player community is helpful, which bodes well for the games future. A lot of the criticisms presented here are pretty much normal symptoms of an ongoing beta test. The developers definitely have their work cut out in preparation of the mid March release date. The grind still sucks, but at least now I don't have to pay for it.
More information.

I was thinking about commenting on this since I am currently playing it, but then I remembered, its still in beta and NDA probably still applies to me. So I will just give a general and not too specific comment for now(once beta is over I will comment in more detail). It does seem alot like WoW, except its free. It has some things WoW does not, and is missing some things that WoW has. I like it so far, nice to not have to spend 15 bucks a month to play a mmorpg.
This, and Perfect World is what I've been playing lately, with an occasional visit to Dungeon Runners as well. All 3 are free games and enjoyable.

...why does the UI look pretty much like WoW copy-pasted? Imitation's the sincerest form of flattery and all that, but I think this might be a bit too flattering.

Back
Top Bottom