Gothic 3 Milton dead

maicman

Traveler
I found Milton dead in a bush near a couple of saber tooths. Lucky I was looking for plants because that would have been a chalise I would never find. There are other quest link to him I will miss? Is stupid that Diego would die from a snaper if I will not protect him and any other NPC that will join me will do no good since I have to guard him and often I fail and he is dead in several seconds I have to reload , clear the area and then ask him to join. Is kind of stupid that big high end barbariens will die from a couple of wolfs. They are a biger burden then help. But maybe this is working as intended

the main problem ive found with the npcs leading you to hunting is the actual quest is completed when they 'show you where the beasts' are. they will run almost into the mouths of the beasts and then say 'here they are'. so if you kill all the beasts first with the npc then he won't run to the spot and you will miss out on completing the quest and reputation bonus. i think the strength of the npcs can be a problem sometime but usually it is relative to the armor they are wearing. diego unfortunately has only light armor so he only works well if you can let him use his bow light other hunters. one of the best npc's to take with you in myrtana, he's available early on too, is cyrus in cape dun. he helped me with the trolls, monsters, and gargoyles east of the temple of trelis. after each battle he was down to a couple of hp's but he stayed alive. but really if the npc's were good at fighting it would encourage you too keep them around for too long and therefore make you a worse fighter. even if your not a mage you have a healother scroll in a quicksave spot when you have a npc accompanying you. also i've noticed, especially in nordmar, that npc's will engage beasts which are near them but also through a wall or hill. when you hear someone grunting in pain from attacks i would save the game and then, even if reloads are required, find this npc and save them. because npc's only move when they are in a certain radius from you. take for example when one npc joins you and you make him wait and then another joins you. the first npc will head back to where you found them, but they will only be walking when you are a certain radius from them. this means you should be careful where you leave your npc's as you may think they are fine but if you are near where you left them with a new npc in tow they will be walking alone and will soon end up in some beasts belly. i had huge problems with this when following and loosing the guy who leads you to the different clans.

I agree, npc's are a pain the way they get themselves killed by animals etc. They rush right into danger and you have to save them. They also don't recognise your summoned creatures either. Gorn got himself killed 3 times before I could save him by attacking my summons to assist with cleaning out Gotha!! Don't even ask about the idiots who leap in front of my fireballs, get hit by it and then turn around and start attacking ME in the middle of a battle!! Stupid AI!!!!!!!

Its the reason I am trying to find out how to work the new console, so we can bring them back to life.

I am getting sidetracked on NWN 2 though.

I think knowing how to revive an NPC or respawn them would help alot of people.

It might be also worth checking how to alter the stat values. I've read that ppl have had few problems with the messed up stats because of forgetting to unequip items before patching.

Well the only thing I am stuck on now is the revive part as it used to be F8 and currently F8 suposedly will heal/revive but its really weird as the PC or revived NPC stays suspended in mid air at least last time I tried.
I haven't checked iin awhile but seems like you enter the NPC with Ctrl-F and return by typing Control PC in the console.
I was kinda waiting for the next patch, though if I ever finish NWN2 I may check it again.

Back
Top Bottom