Skyrim - Steam Preloads Open

Yes, if you have a DX11 card you will get a better optimization and better framerate. (but no tessellation, etc.)
Will this happen automatically or via a separate DX11 mode?

It will probably still run better in Winxp due to XP still being faster for games in general. Directx11 may possibly have changed the situation, but I can't see it making a huge difference.

The above post (fallingforce) is a pretty obvious scam.

Also, the game is being sold in Australia. EB broke the street date, and now everyone is selling it.

PC gamers in Russia might end up being the first to get their steam unlocks. PC users in Australia will still have to wait a few hours even if they managed to get a DVD from a store that broke the street date; it's not quite by timezone either but by region in some cases:

http://twitter.com/#!/DCDeacon/status/134347570767073281

So a "midnight" for each region is defined and the game unlocks then. So this means that all of Australia would unlock at UTC +10 (or +9?). So will Russia unlock at UTC +12 or will they be at UTC+4 (MSK)?

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/25/gabe-newell-on-piracy-and-steams-success-in-russia/

It is one of their most succesful markets outside the US and their success is partly based on the idea of "providing a better service than the pirates" so I imagine Russia and not Australia may be getting the first chance to play the PC version.

Last edited:
IIRC, Europe (including Russia) will all unlock at midnight UK time.

Not sure what time Australia unlocks but I think Pete said it would be first. Japan can't even buy the game until December.

Not sure what time Australia unlocks but I think Pete said it would be first. Japan can't even buy the game until December.

Well that kind of screws the people in Anadyr doesn't it? The delayed Japanese launch probably related to its CERO rating of Z being announced a few days ago. Whether this was Bethesda's fault for not submitting material in a timely manner or is the result of CEROs shift towards cracking down specifically on violent crime in video games. Dark brotherhood, werewolf man-eating, and thieves guild quests along with the new gorier combat may have raised questions given the current ratings regime's particular version of self righteousness (a traint common for any nation's official, quasi-official, or self-appointed censors.)

Back
Top Bottom