If You can Marry a NPC….

cocohuang

Banned
Interesting Source: http://news.bbgsite.com/content/2011-12-26/what-if-you-can-marry-a-npc.shtml

wedding_01.jpg

wedding_02.jpg

If you can marry a NPC, which NPC do you want to marry most?

Aerie.jpg

10 years later and I'm smitten!

Where does she come from?

Aerie from Baldur's Gate 2.

Aerie is a member of the Avariel, a race of winged elves, who was crippled in the sense of having her wings cut off, forcing her to remain earthbound for the rest of her life. She's a playable character and potential love interest in the game Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and its expansion Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal.

Aerie's earliest life was spent apparently happily in Faenya-Dail, one of the few remaining cities of her people. However, she was captured by slavers (apparently still at a young age) when she swooped down from flight to rescue a child fleeing from them. They sold her to a circus, where she was kept on display and in a cage so small she had no room to stand, much less stretch her wings, which eventually became diseased. The infection threatened her life, which was saved in a very crude manner by painfully chopping off the wings. The circus had no more use for her after this, but the gnome called Quayle continued to take care of her as he had during her captivity—though he could do nothing to restore her wings. The pair of them continued traveling with a circus that may not have been the same one, until it arrived in Athkatla and set up the circus tent in Waukeen's Promenade. While they were there, their disgruntled illusionist Kalah used powers of unknown origin to turn the inside of the tent into a world of deadly illusions, turning Aerie into the likeness of an ogre and chaining her magically to prevent her from escaping. It is at this point that the player character's group arrives at the Promenade, and has the option of exploring the tent.

Aerie comes across as very naive, caring and needy at the same time. She is a cleric as well as mage, learning from Quayle to serve the gnomish god Baervan Wildwanderer; she no longer feels quite worthy of approaching her old winged goddess Aerdrie Faenya. Her wingless state has left her feeling generally unworthy and useless, which she may get over to varying degrees as the game progresses. Her confiding about her problems to a male player character can potentially lead to a romance. Besides of this preoccupation with her own problems, she's very empathetic to anyone else's plight and always eager to help. If in the party together with Minsc, she may develop a special bond with him, becoming his new "witch" in place of Dynaheir whom he couldn't protect. If Haer'Dalis is present, she may also fall for him, possibly ending up having to choose between him and the protagonist.

In Throne of Bhaal, Aerie may have the protagonist's child (in a very accelerated time frame). If they are together at the end of the game, he will subsequently help her find Faenya-Dail and her family again some time in the future. Otherwise, she will go on a crusade against slavers.

Don't generally get emotionally invested in NPCs, but Fall-From-Grace would probably top my list.

Aerie's voice actually sounded a lot like my high school girlfriend, so I think that pushed me over the top.

Instantly : Kladdis/Gladis from the Drakensang games. ;)

Hmm... that's a tough one.

Marriage is a serious institution ;)

I have few I wouldn't mind..... coupling with.

Wait. NPCs? Hmmm … if I wasn't married IRL and not counting those NPCs I actually did romance or marry in games … lemme think …

Well, I don't know. Perhaps Luther from the LoL series (you can see a bit of him over in the Moby Games gallery: Here. He may be the protagonist of LoL 2 and thus wouldn't qualify, but he's an NPC in LoL 3 … so there. Luther is funny, I love how he's talking back to the big guys, and when he gets angry ... hehehe. Wonderful.

Dang, IIRC he's married to Dawn by the time of LoL 3. Can I have Kane of the C&C Tiberian Sun Series then? He's in this Moby Games gallery here. The OP didn't talk about cRPGs specifically, and Kane is just magnetic.

Of the more recent games, I'd probably take (haha) Skyrim's Brynjolf. Meet him over at the Elder Scrolls Wiki. As opposed to the two lads above he's just a pretty nice fellow.

Definately Viconia from BG/BG2: She's exotic, can handle herself and an expert in the ways of love.

Even dorkier is when I completed BG2, being envious of my PC that he was able to marry her and run off together to a secluded cottage. I was genuinely saddened at her untimely demise per the end sequence-- I was in my late 20's at the time. Clearly I needed to get out more.

A close second(s) was Fall-From-Grace or Anna, both from PS:T.

Tossup between Viconia and Triss from The Witcher:
Viconia2.jpg

Triss.jpg

Viconia was not somebody for a long and cozy relationship but certainly somebody for a very intense one. Triss was her opposite :)

Last edited:
I would go for Annah :)

PC-AnnahPatty.jpg

Or as others might know her:

PC-Annah.jpg

Here is also an image of Fall From Grace (for those who don't know her)

PC-Fall-from-Grace.jpg

Then again I am already happily married and don't need a character who doesn't play.

How do people come up with all these crazy topics... RPGWatch never fails to give a laugh!

I was not exactly married in Knights of Xentar (1994) but…

Attachments

• xentar3.jpg
    xentar3.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 59
Err… none? I find most NPCs quite annoying, and generally poorly written, after a little while, which I suppose isn't all that different from my view of real people. :p

I'm not just saying that because I'm married, either. ;)

Annah would be awfully tempting for a fling, were I to suddenly find myself single… and digital.

..........................too many hentai games to mention. But western rpg? Nahh.

I was not exactly married in Knights of Xentar (1994) but…

Never heard of this game, but will look into it someday. :D

This anime sketch of this cute girl do remind me of Athena from Saint Seiya(both anime and game).

Speaking of Western, I'd love to marry…

Leanna from Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
images

or

Kameo(I do adore the elves)
20080901193001!Kameo_2.jpg

or

Farah from my favourite game, Prince of Persia
Farah_POP_Fanart_01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom