Pillars of Eternity - Preview @ Game Grin

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Game Grin has a short preview of Obsidian's new RPG game Pillars of Eternity.

With Pillars of Eternity, Obsidian has managed to strike a solid balance between nostalgia for Baldur’s Gate and its late nineties compatriots without ending up with a game that feels…well, dated. Admittedly, much of its appeal rides on players’ rose tinted affection for those old-school DnD-inspired RPGs (myself included), but the game is not without its own merits and feels more like a tribute than a misguided attempt at a resurrection. While its target audience is without a doubt gamers who were old enough to play Baldur’s Gate and its ilk when they first came out—or several years behind the curve, like me—Pillars of Eternity should still hold some appeal for newer gamers as well, if only because it gives them a look at a gameplay style that primarily died with Windows XP.
More information.

Been playing D:OS (like most everyone else) and so I'm looking forward to the hand-crafted, NON-RANDOM loot most of all in PoE… almost enough to forgive the cliche' setting - almost!

In fact the setting is one of the things I look forward to. With the concepts of souls, godlike creatures etc.

Killers of eternity

Back
Top Bottom