Drakensang Healing Mage build suggestions

crazz2323

Watcher
I have looked all over and did not find much on Healing Mage build suggestions. Could i please get some advice on starting out, what to focus my points on at the start and in the future? Also, what skills/talents to get?

Thanks!

Balsam Salabunde and the spell to get rid of poison.

(Look here http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12389 at my list of translated spells)

You imho should also have a quite high value in ... what is it called ? "fastness of body" ?

And then there's that physical ability of what is called "Selbstbeherrschung" in German. I don't remember how it is called in English. It prevents you from having too much wounds, if the value is high enough.

And don't forget profane wound- and poison-healing abilities, too !

Thanks! I could not find Selbstbeherrschung in your link to the translations. What about abilities such as Intelligence and wisdom? What should I focus on first and when should I start putting points into them?

Also, what should I train in such as dodge I-III etc?

Balsam Salabunde and the spell to get rid of poison.

(Look here http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12389 at my list of translated spells)

You imho should also have a quite high value in … what is it called ? "fastness of body" ?

And then there's that physical ability of what is called "Selbstbeherrschung" in German. I don't remember how it is called in English. It prevents you from having too much wounds, if the value is high enough.

And don't forget profane wound- and poison-healing abilities, too !

Dodge is also a good idea, imho, yes.

"Selbstbeherrschung" is in Drakensang 2 - and there everything is exactly the same except in a very few exceptions - in the talents list the "Selbstbeherrschung" is the second in the list of the "body talents", after creeping/sneaking or how it is called in the English language.

I'm currently building a battlemage/alchemist/healer in River of Time and just started out placing points in Treat Wound, Treat Poison and making sure I picked up the Balm of Healing spell.

For my combat spells, I've had good success with these:

Thunderbolt: Low mana burn, steady reliable spell in the 'magic missile' tradition.

Culminatio: Bigger mana burn, larger damage output - I use for initial contact with single enemies.

Ignafaxus: Solid fire oriented spell. Increase its points where you can to ensure creatures are more likely to take extra burning damage.

Alrik is right to recommend Fastness of Body. I really like that spell early on. I also use attributio constitution and strength for general buffs for your fighters.

Depending on the type of mage you're playing, I'd also consider spells that lower your enemies melee capabilities. Something like Lightning Find You or Plumbumbarum Heavy Arm have worked well for me against tough single enemies.

You may have to use adventuring points to raise stats in order to get Dodge (I did) but I also think it's worth it.

Anyway, that'll do for now. Enjoy the game! Drakensang is a really pleasant time sink.

For every Talent/Skill used, the checks are made against their corresponding primary stats (which are highlighted if you go with the mouse pointer over the skill/talent)- if these checks kind of "fail", then the talent/skill points are used up to fill the value that is needed to let this check succeed.

The skill/talent points also determine - at least in the pen and paper rules set - how *good* a skill/talent is carried out : The more points left there, the greater the effect ...

Do a right-click on every item that is of interest to you (in the character scree) and read it ... It explains almost everything ...

A thrown 20 is an instant fail, no matter what, and a thrown 1 is an instant success no matter what, if I remember correctly.

Selbstbeherrschung would be Willpower, which is a very useful (but a bit boring) ability to spend points on.

Also, the spells Fandango of fireflies, Skeletarius, fastness of body , attributio Strength/constitution, balm of healing, Clarum purum, lightning find you & corpofrigo cold shock are all, in my experience, incredibly useful. The straight up damage spells suffers from being a bit too energy intense, and you wanted to play as a healing/support type character anyway. There might be other spells that I have not tried that are just as good or better, as there are many spells that I never tried.

Willpower is it then. It is in my opinion THE most important skill you can have … Because it is the only one that prevents wounds.

But : Don't forget increasing the main stats throughout the game either. They are still important as well, because of their checks.

Back
Top Bottom