Eador: Master of the Broken World - Preview

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Eador: Master of the Broken World - Review

We have another review of Eador: Master of the Broken World. This time the review is from GamingNexus.
Before I get too far into this review, let me address the question everyone is asking: is this the new Master of Magic?

No. It does, however, hit a lot of the same spots. Fantasy setting? Check. Turn-based? Check. Heroes? Check. City management? Check. The list goes on. What we have here is a good old-fashioned fantasy turn-based strategy (TBS) in the Master of Magic, Heroes of Might and Magic, and Elemental family.

The overarching story is that the player is put in the shoes of a demigod, one of several who are contending for control over a series of pieces of some planet.

The planet in question, Eador, has apparently broken up into a bunch of shards which can only be reunited when a single demigod controls them all. When you control them all there will be some kind of story-style ending. Which ending—of 12 available—will depend on choices you make during the game.

At this level of the game, the goal is to get all the shards. The shards have different sizes and different resources, so there is some room to make decisions over where to go next. Once you have chosen a shard, however, you have to fight for it.
More information.

Last edited:
Cant wait to try it.
the game should be released today.

Looks interesting.

Daniel.

I'm also eager to play it that's why I've preordered it on GO "ages ago". ;)
Let's hope I'll finish the FNV replay today since the release should be today.

Last edited:
Some of the responses over there are just weird to me. Have we gotten to the point where broken games are not only allowed, but expected - And any criticism for this is "being way too harsh"?

Hmm I saw this right after buying and starting the Steam download. Now I'm not sure if I should hold off for awhile on playing it for ahilw or jump in and see if the problems are really so bad. I don't really want to destroy the experience by playing through on an incomplete version.

Back
Top Bottom